Betta Fish Forum banner
1M views 8K replies 2K participants last post by  CalG 
#1 ·
I get the feeling that most of these photos will be bettas, but still...

Hannibal (among others) (RIP):

Frodo (also RIP):

See less See more
#2 ·
Falina said:
I get the feeling that most of these photos will be bettas, but still...
True that but it doesn't matter. What matters is people can share photos of their beloved fish.:)

Reactions: Pleinair4
#670 ·
Whats her name?

well i did want a honey gourami, but when i saw this girl i had to get her! Ive never wanted a betta cuz they depress me, but not her, she is active and happy and i love her!

Hermia- the pride and joy of my ten gallon
you gotta love em, lol she's very nice looking and healthy:-d

#7 ·
Re: HELP

i<3bettas said:
How do i post a picture?
I click on the "img" link, but all i get is {img}.
I have a pc (computer) and i would really like to post a pick of my adorable betta. :cry:
On Post Reply, click Insert, then Upload Image.

#10 ·
i<3bettas said:
Sorry to bother you again, (yes i think i am a blond at heart) where is the Insert button?
I am very new to the "foruming"
There's a menu bar on Post Reply. If you see buttons like File, then Format, Text Type and then Insert and finally Spelling, that's where you highlight the button Insert.

#3,971 ·
Male Steel blue Delta named Steel

Male purplish viel tail betta named Flame
Awesome, so glad I found this! I just got my first Betta as a birthday present, and my mom didn't know exactly what kind it was. He looks just like your Flame, so I'm guessing he's a veil tail betta? :-D lol Glad to finally figure that out! Here's a picture of my boy "Midas". :)

#17 ·
SouthAfrica, you and Rustyness and Lindsay have the most beautiful bettas I've ever seen! Just gorgeous!! Love that mix of red/blue/pink/purple and every color in between. Eye popping!

Mine was a gorgeous turquoise color until he got out of his dixie cup and got to swim around and eat. Now he is just a royal blue one, but still my baby.

Now, I have a stupid question (but the only question stupider is the one not asked, right?) LOL :wink:

How in the world do you guys get such good, clear pictures of your fish? I have tried countless times and you see a blur or colored blob. Is it the quality of the camera or the skill of the photographer or is there a trick?

Also, I have a beautiful snap of my system, but can't get it to load.......not even as an avatar. I know how to load pictures, so is this something I have to wait to be able to do (like with the chat)?

Beautiful fish, everyone. Sorry, these bettas just caught my eye because I love them so much and feel so sorry for them and I have never seen any in these colors. I want one! LOL.

Happy Holidays!!

#19 ·
I want a betta so bad now :( I was at the fish store today and almost bought dwarf gouramis. But I realized it was an impulse buy and probably not a good idea. Plus, I'm saving room for my furture blue rams!

#21 ·
Rustyness, your new betta is AMAZINGLY beautiful, especially with the lighter things around it to bring out his color! Flame and Margret (RIP) are also very beautiful =)

About taking pictures: if you have a digi cam (digital camera), then you will be able to get a MUCH clearer picture if you use the Macro mode. It shows a flower symbol when you turn it on. It is for taking pictures of things 3 feet away or closer, and it blew me away when I discovered it and how clear things are which otherwise would be VERY blurry.
Oh, and I wouldn't use a flash (or at least a low one)...both because I would think that it might hurt the betta's eyes, and because you'd probably get a bleached/overexposed picture.
That's just my 2 cents, though :)

#25 ·
Baron looks JUST LIKE my betta! I still have no name for it :-/ Pearl is what my sister named him, but I think I'd rather change it, so that he seems more...mine, I guess you could say.
Do any of you have favorite names for fishies? :)

After all of the fish that I had died, I didn't want any more. I was afraid that they would die, too - which, all animals die, and I'm still afraid of it (knock on wood!!!!!!!!), but anyways - my mom got me another fish, and we named him Genesis, because he was the new 'start' :) Genesis means 'beginning,' I think, and is the 1st book of the Bible.
Here's Genesis!!

#26 ·
KikiNBatta said:
Baron looks JUST LIKE my betta! I still have no name for it :-/ Pearl is what my sister named him, but I think I'd rather change it, so that he seems more...mine, I guess you could say.
Do any of you have favorite names for fishies? :)
I really don't name any of my fishes except bettas, but I do if I have some sort of "connection" with them.

I always use different names for my bettas, and they always start with a B (B.B, Barb, Baron).