Betta Fish Forum banner

Can someone please help me out with Bow, my Betta?

4K views 50 replies 11 participants last post by  nicebear24 
#1 ·
So I know he is a he and that. I would just love to know what tail he is, what type of body he is etc etc...
I have attached photos of him, he is like turquoise, reddish, blueish and slight shades of purple on him as well! he has loads of colours:)
Thanks in advance, will love to hear from all of you's soon, Ross!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Well he's obviously some type of double tail, but I'm new at this as well so I can't say anything more than that. Very beautiful!

#5 ·
Three tails? As far as I know there aren't any bettas with three tails. Is there a picture where I could get a better look at that? It might be a split, which is not good (not to worry you, I just want to make sure what it is).

#6 · (Edited)
I would guess he's a turquoise DT with red wash? Mr.Vampire would know best :)

Also he appears to be bottom-sitting in every single photo? Is there a heater for him? Usually they bottom sit if they're cold :D

#11 ·
my room temperature is always around 25 degrees, and from the research I've done its temperature should be around 21-29 min and max? I only got him today so maybe is he just like 'adjusting' to his new water and temperature? and everyone, don't worry as I do have a heater just with my research I've told you about made me think I didn't need one?

#9 ·
Triple (is it 1 p or 2?) tail betta exist but they are rare. It's a deformity of the double tail. Here's a photo of a great one, usually they aren't so even;
http://www.aquabid.com/uploads/fwbettashm1124534114.jpg

However, the roughness along the edges of your guys fins make it seem like it's damaged, hopefully with good care it should start growing back soon. :)

~just saw the photo, are you sure that isn't the dorsal or anal fin, with just 2 tails?
Posted via Mobile Device

#10 ·
From that picture, the upper tail looks split, but it is still hard to see. Is that what he looked like when you got him? If not, do you have sharp decorations? How big is your tank and as bahamut285 said do you have a heater?

And thanks for that picture, I had no idea they existed!

#14 ·
Heaters are always good to make sure the temperature stays consistent, especially over night. Is he active? Some fish adjust slowly, some right away. It just depends on the personality of the fish. Just really pay attention to how he's acting, and let us know if he is acting funny.

#16 ·
Well that's good! Just make sure you keep an eye on him. We don't want to make you panic, we just want to make sure your fishie is happy and healthy. :)

#18 ·
Yea, triple tail betta, kind of weird! It's actually really even for 3 tails. But I can't get used to the look.

Your boys tail should heal up fine, just keep his water really clean. Hopefully you should see it growing back together.
Posted via Mobile Device

#23 ·
He's a double tail.
The very bottom is called the anal fin. The two in the middle are the two tail lobes (which makes him a double tail). The last split on the top is his dorsal fin, which is very big! But it's normal for double tails to have huge dorsals. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

#29 ·
He has ONE split in his tail, the other splits are because those are different fins. ONE split divides things into TWO, he is a doubletail.

Regarding the temperature, even though your room temperature is 26C, the water temperature is much lower, making it only 22 or 24. Ideally the WATER temperature should be around 26/27, which can either be achieved by a heater (very easy to find for a 5/6 gal Chi) or by heating your whole house to around 30 deg, LOL.

#31 ·
The heater will make him perk up. Room AIR temp is always warmer than water. Water warms slower bc of its properties. Anyway, You might want to get some plants so he can explore and hide- gives him something to do.
When choosing plants, rub any plastic on pantyhose to see if it tears. If it does, so not buy it !! Bc it might tear your fish's fins o_O
You live in Ireland. So maybe HM's are less popular out there. One store here only got their first ever shipment in last week. So they're not as easy to get in some places.

#33 ·
heres my bubba but in the second one i had flash on i hope i didnt mess up his eyes O_O

Attachments

#34 ·
my baby boy tale bites and hes bad he has a pin hole and very raged top fin , i cant make him stop it XC i thoght it was the sharp plant , but even when i removed it hes still doing it , so your fish may be tale bitein if hes got raged edges, i never see mine do it tho

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.