Betta Fish Forum banner

Marble Questions...

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  FireKidomaru 
#1 ·
so i have my single one female in her own 2 gallon tank, she was originally bright purple all over until recently..she has begun to turn white (like in stripes vertically across her body) and pink in some of her fins...is it possible she is a marble...i have had her about a year and she has never ever changed colors on me...please help as i am stumped :) thanks guys :)

#2 ·
Vertical bars are signs of breeding readiness or dominance :) which means she is happy thats my best guess but pics would help

#3 ·
ok well i cant ever get a decent picture..but the bars have turned to blotches..is she a secret marble and didnt decide to change until now??

#4 ·
Here is an example of the bars I am talking about:
Fish Fish Tail Organism Bony-fish

All bars are slightly different in each female and can look like splotches
And I have only heard of marbles going from light to dark

#5 ·
The stripes on your female betta appear normal. Female bettas seem to use vertical and horizontal stripes to communicate with other bettas. Most dark bodied females will have those vertical stripes when they are communicating submission or that they are ready to breed. Dark bodied females will get horizontal stripes when stressed. It is sometimes difficult to see barring on marble females.

#7 ·
alright cause she has blotchy white patches all over her now...like in a total of 3 days she has changed to a completley different looking fish...odd i have never had a marble change so fast

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.