Betta Fish Forum banner

Marina Floating Thermometer

904 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Kittles 
#1 ·
I got a Marina Floating Thermometer for Bizzy's Marina 2L Betta Kit today.

I should have checked with youz guys before I got it, cuz you are the Betta Masters, of course, but I had just gotten out of work, and headed to the pet shop.

It looks like a pretty standard thermometer, and sets in the tank with a suction cup. A green line marks the optimum temp; between 75 to 80 from what I can tell.

My question is, how reliable is this product, in youz guyz's opinion?

My main concerns were that, since I only have a 2L Betta Kit, the amount of space for Bizz to swim around in would be limited by a bit more, since the thermometer is in the tank. I originally wanted a stick on thermometer to place on the outside of the tank, but the store was all out, and I didn't feel like shopping around. Also, how reliable of a thermometer is this?

What do yall think?

Thanks.

#2 ·
Well, I think it's certainly more reliable than a stick-on thermometer, so I'm glad you didn't go with that. As for the space issue, you could drop the thermometer in a few times throughout the day to test the temperature and then remove it afterward, couldn't you? It's really all you need it for, and nobody is checking their temperature constantly.

#3 ·
Mayne! I didn't even think about that.

That's a good idea.

My guess would be to check the temp whenever there is a change in temp outside, or a change in weather condition, like rain.

Would that be a safe assumption?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.