Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-23-2015, 02:56 PM   #3611 
DianeA7X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miso View Post
Okay after lurking for a couple of weeks I finally made a profile, because well, I got no clue what I got from the store. I have owned fish before but never gotten baby bettas ( I had zebra and goldfish). Although, I doubt the white one is a baby? The blue one I got about 2 weeks ago and it was significantly smaller. I have no idea if they are male or female either. I believe the blue one is a male and the white one is female. I live in a upstairs apartment in SoCal and both aquariums are running between 80-83 F right now. One is a 2 gallon bowl and the other one is a 5 gallon filtered. I change the water often in the bowl (20-25% daily, 1 per week 50%) and do a 50% change in the 5 tank every 5 days (is planted and cycled). Is that adequate? Both have live plants.
The top one looks just like mine except mine is a female. =)
DianeA7X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 09:33 PM   #3612 
SunnySideIvy

So I fell for the baby betta ploy today at my Petco. She was the only baby on the rack. My petco's baby rack is off to the side by all the horrible small tanks. Not only was she the only one on the rack she was surrounded by cups of moss balls! So.... meet Wanda!!
Name:  DSCF1201.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  35.7 KB
Name:  DSCF1203.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  30.7 KB
She was very eager to get out of her cup!!
Name:  DSCF1213.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  70.7 KB
Name:  DSCF1227.jpg
Size:  53.7 KB
Name:  DSCF1228.jpg
Size:  57.3 KB
I'm thinking she is a veil tail but hoping shes a crown tail

Shes so quick it's nearly impossible to catch a photo of her!
SunnySideIvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 08:12 AM   #3613 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah, she's a VT ^_^
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 05:01 PM   #3614 
SunnySideIvy

Woo! I've never had a veil tail.
Old Yesterday, 10:43 AM   #3615 
SparklingStarfish

So I too picked up a little baby betta yesterday at Pet Co because I just couldn't resist how cute this little guy was (or at least I think it's a he!):

I currently have him in a little tank I picked up with a tiny bubbler that I added in order to put a little bit of oxygen into his water. I don't have a heater currently, but the water temp. measures 72 degrees. Is this an ok set up for now? I'm just concerned that he won't make it because he wasn't doing well in the store the day I picked him up :/ Also, would it be ok to put my Marimo moss in with him? Or would that cause health problems? I know that Marimo moss does well with adult bettas, but I'm not sure if it would ok with baby ones. I'm super excited to see how he grows. I have a suspicion he might be a VT, but maybe not!
SparklingStarfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:45 AM   #3616 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Aw the pic isn't showing up.

You definitely need a heater though, lower temps mean that his metabolism is going to slow down and he won't grow as quick as he should. And yes, absolutely put the marimo in, plants are fantastic for any sized fish.

Here, have you read through this? If not, it's good to take a look: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=457330
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:18 AM   #3617 
SunnySideIvy

Went through your profile to take a peek at the picture, and the little squirt is pretty cute! The dorsal fin looks huge! Once you get him warmed up and healthy I wonder what color he will turn out to be! That thread lilnaugrim linked above is your best friend.

I have a little update on Wanda! Shes super rambunctious and is full of life! The edges of her fins are developing a black line pattern, along with the edges of her scales. I heard this is called pineapple? Is that correct?
Bonus! Here is a little video of her playing with my finger.

https://youtu.be/_EU6y73jEhk

Last edited by SunnySideIvy; Yesterday at 11:41 AM.
Old Yesterday, 03:13 PM   #3618 
SparklingStarfish

Thanks everyone! I took your advice and moved my little baby into a bigger tank with a heater and my Marimo, and he's pretty happy! :) Here, let me try to post the picture again:
SparklingStarfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baby betta, baby betta care, baby betta photos, cuteness overload, good luck guys:), petco, petco babies, petco baby betta