Betta Fish Forum banner

Possible Rescue?

805 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Enkil 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

Well I checked my local pet store today (Mom and pop's type) and I found out they just started selling Doubletails! :-D

I found this astonishing boy with an amazing personality! I am hoping is he a future rescue for me. The end of his fins are ripped up and I bet it is from fin nipping because this guy is crammed into a small glass no bigger than 16oz and the poor guy is swimming sideways because of all his finnage :cry: the catch is that I am off to Ontario (Eastern Canada) in ten days and I will be gone for 2 weeks so I dont want to rush into buying him. I am going to rescue him if he is still available when I get back, but honestly, I hope someone buys him when i'm gone just so he can get out of his tiny cup but I dont want it to be an amateur to fish keeping or anything :|

Enough talk, a picture:

Sorry for bad pics, the lighting wasn't great

Oh, and this juvenile crowntail thats probably 1.5 inches long with a cellophane body and steel fins that were red-tipped. Another possible rescue? :lol:

And my new addition to the 10 gallon when i'm gone; an amano shrimp to somewhat keep the tank clean

BTW, been a horrible week :cry: I adopted a Dwarf Gourami not knowing that 99% of them carry DGD (Dwarf Gourami Disease) so this Dwarf Gourami died in 3 days, then a day later my male crowntail boy Midnight died, and then 2 of my white clouds mountain minnows died in the next 2 days :cry: so I did a 100% water change to get it out and the other 4 guys seem to be doing fine but are still a little skittish.

Matt

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.