Betta Fish Forum banner

cameras

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  rlw 
#1 ·
what kind of cameras do you guys use to take pics of your bettas? Mine is okay but it takes forever to get a good picture

#6 ·
I have a Canon 450D and it takes great photos.

Friend has a D40 and a D90 and the 450D competes with it nicely.

Im saving up for a Canon 7D though... I could get it now but dont want to dump $1900 on a new setup lol.

For a Point and Shoot I use a 6 year old Canon Powershot 7.1mp.

If your looking for something Id recommend a Sony at the time, seems photoquality and features on the Sony P&S's outrank the current canon's and nikons of the same price.

#7 ·
I use a kodak 10.1mp. Its a crappy camera. When it gets good shots they turn out beautifully, but mostly I get a LOT of blurry shots. This camera doesn't focus well.

Eventually I'm going to save up and get something nicer.

#8 ·
thats the problem i have now, my camera will focus very beautifully then at last minute get blurry. xD its such a pain.

#9 ·
My Kodak was the same way. I liked the color better on that then I do my Nikon. My water has tannins and everything comes out very gold.

I WISH I could get one of the better Nikons. My Dad was a photographer and he swore by Nikon. I have a lot of his old camera parts but none of it is digital. I'm tempted to start pulling it out and seeing if it's usable. Still, I can't imagine manual focus with a fish. Not with the way my hands shake. :/

#10 ·
I've got an Olympus Stylus 550WP.

I tried taking pictures of my sister's old betta Gunther before he died with it though and it didn't work too well.

What kind of setting should a camera be on to get the best fish pictures?

Oh! WHen I get my tank set up and my betta I'm just gonna stick my camera right in the water because I can! XD It's water-proof!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.