Betta Fish Forum banner

My Snail Colony

1K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  CrazyFishDude 
#1 ·
Well, I went into Petsmart today looking for ghost shrimp, a fishbowl, and a marimo to begin a mini planted setup... Change of plans: Instead I got a one gallon tank with a filter, the marimo, and a group of pond snails. I will be starting a colony of snails in hopes they reproduce, and I'll try to sell some (probably marketed as fish food but still). My dad is having me wait until after dinner to setup the tank, so ill update you guys when I do. Also expect pics!

#4 ·
Sadly, I checked on the tank this morning and I think I lost a snail. His shell had no color and he wasn't moving. :-(

Also, the tank is at my dad's and I'm currently at my mom's. I'll be back a couple days this week and some of next week though, so I'll update with pics probably next week (I doubt there will be many more snails, and I have midterms this week so I literally have just enough time to do a water change and drop an algae wafer in the tank). If anything goes on, though, I'll make another post.

#7 ·
Ooh, now I feel like doing this, but petsmart/petco doesn't have pond snails here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.