Betta Fish Forum banner

Female and male

917 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  1fish2fish 
#1 ·
the male trys so hard to get the female to look at him. she has flared at him 2 times that i have seen. He hits the glass vase so hard some times i fell bad for him. Should i take the female out and put her in the tank with him ?
or give it more time

#3 ·
What is your breeding set up? Did you condition the female (and the male) for at least 2 weeks beforehand? Does she have breeding bares or stress bars?

#5 ·
hmm, the heat shouldn't be that high, it should be ranged from 72-82
maybe they arn't that compatible!;-) but, keep them together for awhile, one time i had a female NOT flare the WHOLE time she was in the vase, and spawned 1 week later.....:shock:

#7 ·
I agree with turtle10, for one you should never let your bettas temp go below 72 so breeding them under those conditions would be bad. 84 might be a bit high though so you could try lowering it to 80-82. If the female is light colored then she will not show breeding bars. What color is she?

#9 ·
I always breed at 84* and keep the spawn at that temperature until at least 2 months old, once they're growing at a good rate and are decent sized I'll lower the temp slowly. All my fish are kept at at least 80*.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.