Betta Fish Forum banner

My final slot for a male is filled up!

900 views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Jupiter 
#1 ·
I found my last male at Petsmart this weekend. I wanted either white or blue/aqua for the other half of my divided tank. Yippee!!!

Sorry for the ipod pics. Photobucket is acting all whacky today and won't upload from my camera.

They need names. I'm considering Hollenhorst and Mittendorf, both ophthalmology names, since I work in the opth dept and these are my desk fish.

See less See more
#4 ·
ok, it just looked a little small compared to the cup he came in. 5.5 between two guys is fine. I'm an odd ball when it comes to names so he'd be "Bubbles" or "Moon Shine" to me lol.

#6 ·
Thanks, all. Right now they are in a smaller tank (the one in the picture) because it's Saturday and I don't take them to the bigger tank at work until Monday. I moved offices last week so they're sharing the smaller home spare this weekend.

#7 ·
better pics, since photobucket is now fixed.

That's the first time I've really been able to get a good pic of Hollenhorst.

#9 ·
Ha ha! He's something interesting to look at. His body is purple in natural sunlight and orange in incandescent light. SO hard to capture.

#13 ·
Wow!!! Your new find is so unique! I love the VT also!!! You are a lucky Betta mommy!

#14 · (Edited)
Such pretty boys! Cant wait to go look at the bettas at my friends work tomorrow! Wish i could buy another one but ive hit my limit again lol

ALSO that divider you have is exactly what ive been searching the web for since i just want a solid colored divider of some sort for a 10g tank! Did you find that in store/online or make it yourself? Im almost hoping it didnt come with the tank you bought, cause its just sooo hard to find non-clear dividers by themselves! :/

#15 ·
it came with a tank, but I have made custom ones with solid color embroider mesh (plastic) and tank tubing. Cut to fit, slit the tubing and slide the tubing over the edges. Viola.

#17 ·
Stunning colors!

Congrats!

#19 ·
now if only their tails heal quickly...

#20 ·
Wow, both of them are beautiful! Your new boy especially...he's so unique. I would have snatched him up if I had seen him too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.