Betta Fish Forum banner

Bali acting strange...staying at the bottom..

568 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Bettanewbie60 
#1 ·
We just got home from shopping, and I sent Rob in to feed the fish..I watched closely of course lol...then he got to Bandit and Bali's tank, and Bali did not come to the top of the tank! I thought at first it might be that he didn't recognize Rob, but even when I went over and wiggled my finger in the tank, he just stayed in the plants near the back, and near the bottom. I have seen him swim a few times since we got home, but is not acting like himself. Should I take him our right away, or wait and see. The tanks is warm right now, 82 because it was hot today, but none of the other fish are acting this way.
Housing
What size is your tank? 10g divided
What temperature is your tank? 82
Does your tank have a filter? Yes
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? No
Is your tank heated? No
What tank mates does your betta fish live with? Another betta, other side. And a few tiny MTS.

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish? Omega One
How often do you feed your betta fish? twice a day, 2 or 3 pellets

Maintenance
How often do you perform a water change? twice a week
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change? One 50% and one 25%...it has plants in it.
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change?
Just water conditioner
Water Parameters:
Have you tested your water? If so, what are the following parameters?
Don't know the others, no master kit yet. Just changed water yesterday.
Ammonia:
Nitrite:
Nitrate:
pH:7.6
Hardness:
Alkalinity:

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed? Clamped up fins
How has your betta fish's behavior changed? lethargic not wanting to eat, not really darting around as usual
When did you start noticing the symptoms? About an hour ago
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how? No
Does your fish have any history of being ill? No
How old is your fish (approximately)? No idea.

See less See more
#3 ·
I'd seperate him, immediatley and add some stress coat to his hospital tank and IAL. Until we figure out exactly what it is, we don't want to put any AQ salt in.

#5 ·
I'm wondering if it just isn't the stress of the moving all my tanks...I had to empty a good portion 80% of the water from their tank to move it, then of course a new room...the fish on the other side seems perfectly normal. I have Bali in a hospital tank right now, but I'm wondering, if it IS the stress from moving the tank, putting him back in a bowl might even be worse stress on him..sigh. Thanks..I don't have stress coat or IAL right now..and I went to the pet store just now, forgot it is Sunday and they all close at 7 here. Thanks for your help though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.