Betta Fish Forum banner

Is a platinum white = metallic opaque white?

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  indjo 
#1 ·
See title

#2 ·
Opaque you will see a bit more pink on the body, possibly clearer fins.. metallic is a bit fuller in color. Both would be shiny.. and sometimes mislabeled as they do look very similar.

Platinum; opaque

#5 ·
I'm not really sure as I'm not into IBC nor shows. But I do know that some breeders have managed to create a metallic paper white color - it doesn't fit the original platinum criteria. I don't think this is a color class of its own because I think it is rather rare so it is classified as base light colored.

#6 ·
i've been seeing them more and more on ebay and aquabid these days...trying to procure one, but people always end up bidding them out of my price range.

#7 ·
Everyone wants them. LOL
Clean shiny paper white are difficult to produce. They need to retain the metallic aspect but eliminate all metallic related colors (irid). Wrongly kept (not really sure), they will develop black patches - too much sunlight is one cause.

If possible get a less "pure" color from that batch - something others don't want. Inbreed siblings and you should produce equally gorgeous whites.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.