Betta Fish Forum banner

Walmart Finds

2K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  34339 
#1 ·
I know we have a thread for petsmart and petco finds, but I thought I'd make one for Walmart as well. The walmart in my town always has some extremely impressive bettas. Deltas, crowntails, and veiltails. This picture is of Arthur and Ferdinand left to write. My pretty babies. Sadly, Arthur has passed.

Anyone else have fantastic Walmart bettas?

See less See more
#2 ·
I haven't looked at their fish department, like...ever. But I might have to peek in there one of these days now.

#4 ·
I nearly cry everytime I go to Walmart's fish section. One wal-Mart down here only has Veils and crowns, but their red and blues are pretty vibrant. :eek:

#7 ·
I have found quite a few that could rival the ones on Aquabid.
But almost all of the ones I picked are the ones most in need of TLC

I LOVE yellow bettas - he had a case of the fuzzies but recovered

Princess Wilamina RIP. She was a BIG girl - I would think she was a half giant.

Icicle RIP

The Dark Lord

Jolteon RIP

Bubba J RIP

#8 ·
Tikibirds, you found The Dark Lord at Walmart?! What a find! He's absolutely stunning!
None of the Walmarts in my city sell fish anymore. There were always at least a few dead fish in the larger tanks, and there were only a few Bettas available at a time. My first Betta was from Walmart, he was a dark purple Veiltail that my family collectively named Ripple. Impressivley enough, he lived for 5 years, despite coming from walmart. He was practically completely gray in the last few months of his life, but he was a sweetie, always following our fingers against the glass. I don't know of any pictures we have of him though.

#10 ·
my walmart is a butt and does not sell this beautiful little fish... but close too it is a petsmart where i rescue my fish and a petco. but right near there is this perfect little place called elmers fish and aquarium suppliess... that is where i get my supplies.

#17 ·
Most of my fish are from walmart, and I have found some very pretty ones good thing I don't have space for more and my walmart hasn't been getting any really cool ones lately.

My newest guy. He was at walmart like 4 or so weeks and still alive and healthy. The new person they have in the fish section does a great job. This is Aki picked him up yesterday. I couldn't leave him there another week. no one seemed to want him.

Blinky he is like 2 years old now. Sold as female..turned out to be a male PK

Sakure

Arashi

And RIP Ryo

#19 · (Edited)
I usually don't even bother to look, but I did the other week and found Fain. He was barely recognizable as a marble. Pale gray and hunched up, but still begging for attention. With a horrible case of ich. I felt bad for him and brought him home. Now he's a royal pain in the butt. He's easily the most vivacious of all three of my boys. He's in my avatar. Obviously not gray or lifeless anymore. :love:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.