Betta Fish Forum banner

Should I? I mean, can I?

1K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
So as some people know, I fell in love wish a fish, went back to get him and he wasn't there. But today I fell in love with another's guy, a fiesty little guy I tell you. He's got alot of flare for such a cutie. ;) my friend is really wanting my DT, and I would keep him in that tank. I think I'm going to downsize one of my 10 gallons to a 5. So I will have less to clean.
But should I? I just don't know, I have asked them to hold him in the back until 12:00pm tomorrow.
Here is a picture of the beauty. I just don't know, opinions? <3

Tail Fawn

See less See more
#3 ·
Recently I have been, but my mom and I made a deal. For every 2 fish I give away, or that pass away, I get one. That's why I'm really hoping my friend will take my boy. then I would feel more comfortable getting him. Because this guy is just so gorgeous!!

#5 ·
I dont know... If you need to find a home just to get "the fish of the week" then it may just end up being more trouble than its worth, maybe not for you, but for the little guy. IF you have to get a new fish, find one that you'll want to keep until it passes away, as the one you have now probably is super happy and lucky to have you as the owner, but WHAT IF your friend isn't as caring and it dies in his/her care. Just my two cents worth.

#7 ·
I dont know... If you need to find a home just to get "the fish of the week" then it may just end up being more trouble than its worth, maybe not for you, but for the little guy. IF you have to get a new fish, find one that you'll want to keep until it passes away, as the one you have now probably is super happy and lucky to have you as the owner, but WHAT IF your friend isn't as caring... Just my two cents worth.
When I first got him I actually asked my friend if she wanted him as her first betta. She has helped her dad take care of there 20 gallon while he was deployed, I have taught her alot, and I trust her because she listened to me. She fell in love with a little guy at Wal*mart and bought him and a heater. I lent her a 1 gallon bowl. She has been baby sitting to make money to get more things for him and my fish that she wants.
I'm seeing her Saturday so we will be talking about it. I'm pretty sure she is going to give her fish to her sister but she will most likely take care of both of them. She will be there to help her sister if she needs is though.

#6 ·
Haha, I know! Her mom will not give her a straight answer, but I know she wants him very bad.
Do you think I can take care of him? I just get bad anxiety sometimes that I won't be able to, my anxiety has recently been pretty bad. My mom said she had anxiety like me when she was younger. I just can't wait to get that 5 gallon, because honestly smaller tanks, even though there might be more of them, if I were to get smaller ones, it would be easier to clean. But for now I'm going to get a 5 gallon. :)

#8 ·
:) You dont know how hard it is to hold back in buying a new fish... Lol, well, probably you do. I cant take a new fish right now because I'm moving in 3 months... and it kills me everyday I go on AB... but you also have to consider the little guys/gals when you factor in whether or not to purchase. Anyways, good luck with whatever you decide to do! :)

#12 ·
I am always looking for bettas that need to be rehomed (harder than you would think), so if you ever feel like that is something you need to do just shoot me a PM.

Sounds like your friend is taking good care of the fish she has. As long as she can financially afford everything she needs for a second setup, it seems like your little guy would be ok with her.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.