Betta Fish Forum banner

Betta Pixels! ( Free :D )

5K views 40 replies 26 participants last post by  MidnightsSong 
#1 ·
I love doing pixel art and I really enjoyed throwing together the little Gallifrey that I have my signature last night, so I thought I would offer to do a few more. I tend to be kind of flighty at times, so they'll be free, on the condition I may never get to them. I'm certainly going to try though! If I get any tonight I'll try to do at least one because I find pixel art really relaxing. :)

I'll make a list of fishies I need to do here, but there won't be an official slots. If I do a whole bunch I may put up a little tip jar too, so you guys can leave donations if you like your mini-fish. We'll see, though! I'm not that worried about it right now.

Please post as clear photos of your fish as you can and also let me know what type of betta it is so I can make sure to get the fin shapes correct.

To Do List:
  • ~~~

Finished List:
  • ~~~

#3 · (Edited)
Skyewillow, I did Kheiyw for you! I hope I did alright! He was really hard to pixel because of all of his pretty iridescence. Here's a version with and without a name:

I hope you like him! I feel like he came out pretty well. :D I had never seen a Mahachai before, they're so cool!

Edit: Oh, I almost forgot! You're welcome to draw Gallifrey for me if you'd like, but you don't have to. :D Pixel fishies are free!

#10 ·
You did an amazing job! Thank you!
I showed my fiance, and he said your pixel version looks just like the photo. :-D

I'll be drawing Gallifrey later on, if you want to send a couple of photos for reference, that'd be great. ^_^

#18 ·
As promised, I got to Yuki tonight! Hopefully he looks okay--I tried to give him a bigger tail and dorsal fin, although I was iffy on the actual shapes since you can't see too well from the photo. I tried to get all the other little details I saw right to make up for it, though!

On a side note, does anyone know how I can edit my first post to put all the done fish there? My edit button disappeared before I had even finished any!

#8 ·
Year of the Betta, I did Sushi for you! :D I remembered seeing him around the forums. I hope you like him! He made me smile while I was working--he looks very grumpy in his photo but I love it!

Midori, I'll try to do Yuki tomorrow evening! :3 I just did Sushi first because I was waiting to hear back from you about your boy.

#19 ·
Sure! :) What type of Betta is he?

This is my Princess George if you could do him for me I would be very greatful!
He's very pretty! Is he a halfmoon rosetail?

Would you be able to do my Asta from the lower right picture? Would it be possible to make it so he's not flaring? I have no idea how pixel art is made. No worries if you can't. :)
What a gorgeous boy! :D That's no problem, it would actually be harder to draw him flaring than not flaring. I'll just smooth out the area around his face and it won't look like he's flaring! ;-)

Wow I have been looking for something like these for Peeta or Chester! If you have time I would love one of either Peeta or Chester, you can pick.
When I get to you, I'm happy to do both. :) I don't mind doing multiple fish, I just don't want someone with 18 fish to ask me to do all of them, haha.

#22 ·
This site doesn't allow you to edit posts after a very short time. So no way to add to it after a few minutes. No idea why they have it like that, first forum I have ever seen that locks you from editing your own posts.

#26 ·
My Bettas

Can you make my past two bettas?

This one is named "Azula" for two reasons. He flickered between blue and green and more often than not I saw the blue even though the pictures all show him green. I later realized that he was definitely a fighter so his second reason was because of Avatar Last Air Bender. Anyway he was "king" sized and without further blabbing I give you Azula:

Then there was Fortissimo, my beautiful crowntail I saved from the untreated water centerpiece of a banquet I went to. We nicknamed him "Baby" because he was smaller than Azula as well as the shortened "Forte". If you don't know already, Fortissimo Is an italian music term meaning loud and he definitely liked to tell everyone how he thought he was the most pretty thing in the world. (Can't agree though, I have a dwarf gourami in another tank thinking the same thing). Here he is (excuse the water marks):

He usually flares though.

Thank You SO MUCH! I really can't wait to see them in little Pixel Fish!

#29 ·
Can you do Augustus for me please? He is a bright red veil tail with pineapple-type scales near his anal fin (sadly, that doesn't show up in pictures).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.