Betta Fish Forum banner

So mad at Petsmart right now

2K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  rubinthebetta 
#1 ·
I was at petsmart and was looking at the bettas and an otherwise gorgeous halfmoon betta had most of its tail bitten off! (I'm guessing it might've had something to do with the overly aggressive betta next to his cup) I told an employee and he said that he thought the tail was supposed to be like that. I said ot wasn't and pointed at another halfmoon who had all his fins and told him that was what it was supposed to look like. So Mr."smart"employee said that he didn't get how he could've bitten of his fins when he was alone in his cup.:roll: Then he just took the betta away to who knows where. (I'm suspecting it wasn't a good place) I am so mad at petsmart!!!!!!:evil::evil::evil:

#5 ·
WE ALL WENT THERE TODAY!??!?#?!?!?!?! Do any of you live in Oklahoma!?!!! Lol I want to know if I saw you there today lmao ... I saw an Asian kid about 16-19 there looking at Betts, Chatted with him also.... are any off you him lmao.

#15 ·
You're very lucky then! I'm considering making a poll to see how many people have had good experiences with petsmart and how many have had bad experiences with petsmart.

#16 ·
The one's in the back are usually not too hot in my petsmart, so I move them to the front.

#18 ·
Yeah. one was struggling on his side :c

#19 ·
I get really mad when I go to petsmart and look at the bettas so to at least help me calm down a bit I listen to One Direction music while I look at the bettas. It keeps me from yelling at employees because of the betta conditions because to do that I would have to stop my music. I <3 1D!!! And bettas. :p

#20 ·
My Petsmart carries young, stunted, sickly males with poor tails. The HM's are SELDOM halfmoons and just misslabled Det. The 'dragonscales' are not dragonscales and just normal PK, and the females are all vt. Most of the fish at my petsmart look like a breeders culls, bent spines, bad fins, SUPER thin. I am always wondering where on earth they get them but boy they are sad looking animals. I never buy fish from petsmart and seldom from petco because in MN it's pretty much the same story there. All of the betta they carry are stunted aside from their 'giant's' which are just normal sized betta. HA what a joke and what a ripoff, the giants are not even real giant's, just PK and you have to pay close to $20 for them...no. Both stores are criminal.

#21 ·
:cry: This is why I want to start a betta fish rescue. I honestly don't care if other people say that the stores will think the bettas are on demand because the store manager will get a good talking to from me. I will still try to save some of those poor little souls. :cry:

#23 ·
I am so upset. I'm literally crying over that betta I mentioned earlier, especially since now my mom says I could've rescued him. :roll: Well, I'll go back there soon and if he's there, he's mine. And I've already named him Fey.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.