Betta Fish Forum banner

Why Petsmart...why? xD

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  SlinkyInk 
#1 · (Edited)
I fear I will soon be getting another betta...

After Ruger died, I vowed I was going to get another with his coloration or at least very similar. His copper coloration is a dream coloration I've wanted for years!

I went to Petsmart tonight on my way home from work to get a few live plants (a java fern and marimo moss ball) and as usual, looked at the bettas. (I have got to STOP doing that lol) Well, I was looking through the halfmoons and found what I think is a copper coloration Halfmoon! I sadly didn't get a pic due to staff being right behind me...I got him to flare at one of his neighbors, and his form is NICE! :) I put him in the back of the bettas...I was able to resist, barely, tonight. I fear if he is there at the end of the week, he'll be coming home with me. :roll::twisted::neutral:

He doesn't have nearly the flowy finnage like Ruger had...looks more like a true halfmoon with the 180* spread in his tail...The ends of his fins were also kind of spikey, like a crowntail would be. I think it's called combtail?

He sort of resembled this when flaring, in terms of shape.

See less See more
#2 ·
he is so beautiful, my petsmart keeps their bettas on a tiny shelf all packed together, poopfull containers, and did i mention, they dont have light on it. yea, cant really look at a betta if its dark now can you? lol. i wish they would get beautiful bettas like that at mine, the ones at mine are scrawny (but i buy them anyways, i cant help it) lol

#3 · (Edited)
I wish I had an actual picture of him lol. Next time I go...if he's there...He'll probably be coming home with me lol.

Yea, our petsmart is the same way after awhile. They start out looking good, then as time goes on, their containers get gross and they usually get sick then die. Yea, there is no light, so it makes it really hard to determine their true color. This batch has really blue water...makes it even harder. :/

He looked sort of like this through the blue water.

#4 ·
I only know of Petsmart in our area. I really should look for other places to buy bettas. I want more!! I always look at the fish when I go in there and drool! They are all so beautiful. But just like others have mentioned, our Petsmart is the same, tiny cups cramped on a few shelves with nasty looking water.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.