Betta Fish Forum banner

Picked up my first girl

984 views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  sareena79 
#1 ·
Oops! I was hoping to wait to get them all and introduce them when the tank is ready but.... :lol: I definitely just fell in love with this little cutie.

She is an interesting color. Mostly transparent orange color with a butterfly tail. But her iridescence is icy blue! So her tail looks pale blue and it gives her that 'cold' look. And she's TINY! She's not even half the size that Wander is. I forget how little they can be! :)

(My favorite picture!)

She's very bold, but in a delicate sort of way. She's not quite as spunky as Wander, but definitely isn't timid. I only have half the ten gallon ready with plants, but she still boldly swims out into the vast empty parts of the tank with no fear. Just a cute sense of curiosity.

I work at Banfield now, and the petsmart we're a part of..well, downright sucks at keeping bettas! :shock: I shouldn't have picked her up from such a bad place, I know. But she was just so cute, I had to get her before she got sick. At least my discount means I got her for basically free so they didn't get all my money.

See less See more
#3 ·
Sooo cute! That's a nice find...haven't seen a girl like that before.

#4 · (Edited)
Wow she is so cute, I love females, theyre the best IMO :-D

Hey maybe she will color up, my girl I used to have was pale orange when I got her, with warm clean water she brightened up so much.

Before.................. After

#5 ·
I thought she was just so darling! Thanks for the responses! She was a unique little girl, I just had to have her.

I have no idea what her colors will do. I will be fine if she stays how she is, gets brighter, or gets darker! She's just cute. Love the orange.

Ready for the most ridiculous thing ever?

As I said, I wasn't quite ready to pick up my sorority yet. Hadn't picked up any plants. I ended up stealing half of wanders plants and adding a new piece of driftwood but it's still extremely empty and she's just so tiny she looks ridiculous in it. I just put her in the ten gallon rather than the 20 because that would have been even more ridiculous.

Obviously I need some plants. Haha, that's why I was hoping people had some cuttings available.

and yet, she shows no signs of fear. She just swims and swims in the giant empty ocean of a tank she has.

#9 ·
I just put her in the ten gallon rather than the 20 because that would have been even more ridiculous.

Obviously I need some plants. Haha, that's why I was hoping people had some cuttings available.

and yet, she shows no signs of fear. She just swims and swims in the giant empty ocean of a tank she has.
I put Piou (male VT) in a 37g there is nothing ridiculous in it. I swear when i removed him from the cup, he was stretching.

She loves her new huge home i bet ;)

#6 ·
Very nice tank, I bet she loves it! That's not ridiculous! Teeney had a 10 gallon tank to herself too and she loved it :D

#8 ·
Ooh I see haha, yeah I had someone tell me that keeping my betta in a 10 gal tank was extreme and ridiculous :roll:

Shortly after I added a heater, some live plants and decor, but in this thread there's a pic of Teeney's tank when I first joined; so empty! :lol: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=101481

#14 ·
I was thinking the same thing lol cuz thats a TEENY betta to already have that much finnage but I dont really know that much seeing as Im a newbie so it was good to know I wasnt the only one who thought she might be a he hahahaah oh well either way ITS very pretty and cant wait to see how he/she grows up and what teh final color will be. I really want an orange one now!!! but shhhh dont tell Sushi lol:lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.