Betta Fish Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rehome/selling dragon HMPK and then some

5K views 29 replies 10 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
Though I really really would rather not, I just can't take the very best care for all my bettas. I'm still doing everything I can when I can, but in four months I ship off to Texas for BMT, and then school... I won't be able to see my kids for a long time, and I want to make it easier on my granpa in taking care of who I have left.

Since I can't bear to let go of Jade (as he was my first male in a long time and was around with Leliia), Eli the giant-mouthed lunatic, or Nights my female version of dream betta (and Avalantic's being treated for dropsy right now), I'm willing to sell Ninja, Orlando, and Bandit.

-------

Ninja was bought with Avalantic as a breeding pair. I never had the time to set up for breeding this summer because of all the trips, and now that Avalantic has dropsy because of the lack of water changes the caretaker did, I doubt she'll make it. I'd love to keep Ninja alone anyway, but I can't pay personal attention to him besides water changes and feeding.
He was bought direct from Thailand from Korwhord on Aquabid.com. He and Avalantic transferred very well and neither has been sick, ever. (Well... except V'lantic, but this isn't her ad.) He's a beautiful HMPK "copper" and black dragon. Korwhord labeled him as copper, but it's more like a silver. He'd make a beautiful breeding partner, and he's about 8 months old, soon 9.

I'm willing to let him go for $10 (he was bought at $30), shipping $10 priority to only those who are closest to FL and Express to those further away. Express mail will be calculated to those interested.

-----------

Orlando is a female... named so because when I bought her at my LFS, She was red, but had an orange shine to her. It reminded me of the Orlando, FL sunset.
She's most likely VT but who knows, and she would go well with a sorority as she's been in one from the day I brought her home. The sorority is slowly losing form, though, as I haven't been able to upkeep the 10g from 800 miles away. Only three girls are left. The fourth, Avalantic (as aforementioned) has dropsy, and I hope to cure her.
The three are still getting along great in the 10g as there's now a couple of guppies to help distract each one from fights... they generally get along even without the guppies.
She is used to individual bettas being taken out and put back in, though she can get a little mean towards them for a little while. What I did to help this was keep the new/re-placed fish in the cup and float until several hours passed. If Orlando wasn't hovering around their cup flaring still by then, I'd let the addition out and watch them a bit... usually Orlando would get along afterwards just fine. Anyone who gets her, I'll gladly help out with her behavior, habits, etc. and getting her used to the new owner.

Since she's such a mystery as far as genetics (and common), I'll take $1. >> Free to those who absolutely want her and have a good history with caring for bettas. Shipping $10 priority to only those who are closest to FL and Express to those further away. Express mail will be calculated to those interested.

-----------

Bandit... a female multicolor cambodian type thing. Basically... a mutt. She appears a CT, but upon closer examination you can see that she's actually... not. Most likely a VT, but other tail types are possible.
She would go well with a sorority as she's been in one from the day I brought her home. The sorority is slowly losing form, though, as I haven't been able to upkeep the 10g from 800 miles away. Only three girls are left. The fourth, Avalantic (as aforementioned) has dropsy, and I hope to cure her.
The three are still getting along great in the 10g as there's now a couple of guppies to help distract each one from fights... they generally get along even without the guppies.

She's the quiet, shy type. Once she's in a new tank, she pays almost no attention to the other fish and spends time exploring for a few days. Once she's used to the space, she does acknowledge(sp?) the other fish and can get in a few nit-pick fights once in a while, but never anything major. She originally looked like a cambodian, but as she grew larger and colored up, her flesh body turned into a darker flesh with red stripes. Sort of a plaid fish, lol. She has a little bright green metallic sheen to her fins.

Since she's such a mystery as far as genetics, I'll take $1. >> Free to those who absolutely want her and have a good history with caring for bettas. Shipping $10 priority to only those who are closest to FL and Express to those further away. Express mail will be calculated to those interested.

---------

I'll be postig pictures soon. I need to check up on Avalantic real quick and transfer her to the new medicine-water. I'll snap some recent shots and load them here as soon as I've got them.

These are a few pictures of Ninja. Though the pics are about 2-3 months old, he still looks about the same. I'm still going to get better, more recent shots of him.

Definitely not a clear shot, but you can see his basic face pattern.

Photo of him just before I bought him, taken by Korwhord. This is basically his finnage... he does have a red accent on his anal fin.

Another photo taken by Korwhord

More photos of Ninja here: http://s1185.photobucket.com/albums/z356/djblakbird/Siamese Fighting Fish/Ninja/

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
... Well here's a note to myself. Paying for the shipping online is about $5 less than going to a post office. So because of that I'll just print the label... >> Makes shipping a little easier to afford for anyone who ends up getting him...

It comes to around $28 Express Mail. I went with the westernmost zip code I could find, though I don't think it really differs much from the easternmost zip code.

-------

Another note, since I can't edit the first post:
Priority shipping is apparently $10.95 now instead of the $10.15 it used to be. So there's that fix. >> Honestly can't afford to lose money through shipping.

#6 ·
Yeah thats a little tight for me I knew shipping was going to be painful... just not that painful ... im near seattle ish but i doubt it makes much of a difference

#7 ·
Yeah... It seems like there's a few of these dragon HMPKs floating around right now (pun unintended), so it might not be hard to find your dream fish at a price you can afford. And in an area where shipping won't be the killer...

Maybe I saw it wrong, but I think someone posted a thread about dragon HMPK juvies? Maybe you could look into that. I'm not sure where they live, but the juvies didn't look like they were too expensive (3 kids a box), though he didn't guarantee the genders you'd ask for. >>

#12 ·
Agreed... the economy's really sucking right now. Initially, I didn't join the USAF for the money, but it's definitely going to help me and my fiance out in the long run.... In any case, if any of my kids do sell, I don't want to lose any money. I don't mind giving the girls away free since they're bred as mutts basically, but as far as shipping, I can't afford losses there.

#13 ·
Jaw drops* I so want Ninja but like everyone else I am broke, also it would cost me the 28 same as Creat being I am only a few hours south of him really

#14 ·
I figured people would be in love with him. xD;

Truth be told, if I can turn around Avalantic's illness, the sale might be off. She and Ninja were supposed to be a pair to breed before I went in the military (I know I won't have time for a long time to care for the little babies when that happens). But it's dropsy, so I don't have much hope, but I'm doing everything I can. Thankfully and sadly, she's the first fish I have that got pineconed.

If I do sell him, though, I'd prefer him to be with a breeder. If anything, I could probably buy one of his kids later on, lol...

#15 ·
Update on this thread (which would’ve been updated two hours ago had my browser not been acting up. >:V ):

It’s very possible now that Ninja will be taken off sale. Avalantic’s actually getting better... swimming around, actually eating the tetracycline food meds thing I gave her... Anyway.

When I decide for sure that Ninja is no longer for sale, I’ll create a new thread specifically for the girls to rehome. In any case, shipping Priority is $10.45 (to clarify), Express depends on your location and a price can be given upon interest/curiosity/sale.

Pictures:

Orlando... not a fan of the cup, so there’s plenty of shots of her now-mutilated poop, too. My apologies... I am embarrassed. |D;

(For more pictures of Orlando, click the link here: http://s1185.photobucket.com/albums/z356/djblakbird/Orlando/ )

And Bandit... who was (thank you) such a chill model for the camera.

(For more pictures of Bandit, click the link here: http://s1185.photobucket.com/albums/z356/djblakbird/Siamese%20Fighting%20Fish/Bandit/ )

A note on Bandit: Her anal fin isn’t really that tattered. There’s a bit missing at the back of it from a fight (why I need to rehome most of the sorority, since I can’t replace those lost/sick) but the cellophane makes it seem that it’s more torn.

Thanks,
-Blak’

#22 ·
...? Oh, because of the rather giant pictures? :D
And thanks... I'm in a mix of emotions all day today, but I think the plans will still go through... let me sleep on it one more night, I can definitely tell you an answer tomorrow. |D;

and gah shipping is evil but I'm glad he will get a good home
Hehe... shipping is getting more evil everyday, it seems. The economy just fails everywhere right now. xP

Both of the girls look amazing.
Thanks... quick question, if you (or anyone, really) knows the answer:
Bandit used to look like a cambodian betta, like what one would find on Aquabid.com or something... when they get bigger/older, do they get the stripes that she has pictured? Or is she really just a strange kind of mutt? >>

#19 ·
Yeah I remembered that a little bit after I posted that Creat @_@ stupid thing not being to edit 20 min after posting -_-

Both of the girls look amazing.

#25 ·
I did, and I was about to PM you right after updating this thread, MMAsac.

I know this will probably sadden or anger some of you that one got away, but Ninja's already taken. |D It was sort of a first come, first serve thing, and he has been sold.
Orlando is also taken, so with that, Bandit is the one left to find a good home.

Again, I apologize to those who had eyes for either!

#27 · (Edited)
Extra edit: Well... I don't know how this happened, but apparently Bandit found a new home that I don't particularly like, myself. Somehow, she jumped high enough out of the water, through a not-that-big hole in the lid where the filter is, and onto the floor. So... she's a little too dead to give to anyone... D';

Though it's ending on a rather sad note, this thread is now closed.

Final sales:

Ninja - PinkBetta264
Orlando - hmckin20
Bandit - OriginalHeaven7 (lol)

They'll be well taken care of (and well watched over) until they ship off to their new homes next week. To those who are now the new owners... congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.