Betta Fish Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Male Betta Models Needed!!

12K views 73 replies 40 participants last post by  Destinystar 
#1 ·
Hello everyone!

Here is a slightly different contest. I agreed to do a couple paintings for UnityPoint Iowa Methodist Hospital, for one of the rooms where they do EEG tests for children. The room is very bland, neutral brown, and does not even have a window. I thought paintings of a couple of bettas would liven things up.

This is where you come in.

I am looking for photos of your favorite betta boys. I would like for their whole bodies/fins to be in the photo, long fins preferred. The more flare, the better. Let's try for medium sized images, because I want to be able to see the details on your betta, but I don't want the thread to become too heavy. Maximum of 3 fish per entry. Please include their names so I can sign the paintings with them.

This contest will have 2 winners, whose bettas will be featured in the paintings. I am planning to document the project from start to finish, so the winners will be provided with all the photos and images of the final result in high and low resolution (ready for sharing or printing). Depending on how popular this is, I may let everyone else see the pictures, too ;-)

I will judge based on which fish will work best in a composition.

Deadline is September 22nd!
Sorry that it's so soon but I don't want to keep the hospital waiting. :oops:

See less See more
#29 ·
Daniel, before he became a tail-biter

The day I got him

Peach, RIP

Gallifrey <3

I would've entered Manzeppi, but I don't think his pics are clear enough. XD

#44 ·
Time to wrap things up. Thank you very much all who entered your beautiful bettas!!! The decision was difficult to make and it is actually hard for me to accept that I will not be painting some of these beautiful boys.

Out all of the entries, I thought the two that would look wonderful together were Toby1985's Toby and peachii's Princess(prince?) George!!

Congratulations! And thank you for providing me with references. I think I can work with the photos as they are. The canvases are ready and I will update this thread as I go. If anyone is still interested in getting their betta painted, pm me about a commission.

Thank you all for your participation and support!

#46 ·
Nice!! Congratulations! And to everyone; Darn good lookin Betta's we've all got! :-D

#50 ·
Here for the party!

Is the contest still going??? Well, here is my best boy!

#51 ·
Sorry BettaBreeder99, I think the contest ended a couple days ago, and the winners have already been announced.

Morten, did I mention I've been stalking this thread for a while? XD I can't help it...it's awesome...anyways, congrats Toby1985 and peachii! :)

#58 ·
Could some post a picture of the betta with the picture of your betta aquarium environment?

I need some guide pal. Last time I put a sand (buy from store) and all my fish starting to weak and die in a few days..this is sad. I don't know what sand you all use. When ask the seller at store, they'll always said this one good that one good. Advise please. Now my aquarium is empty at bottom. No sand or gravel at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.