Betta Fish Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Male Betta Models Needed!!

12K views 73 replies 40 participants last post by  Destinystar 
#1 ·
Hello everyone!

Here is a slightly different contest. I agreed to do a couple paintings for UnityPoint Iowa Methodist Hospital, for one of the rooms where they do EEG tests for children. The room is very bland, neutral brown, and does not even have a window. I thought paintings of a couple of bettas would liven things up.

This is where you come in.

I am looking for photos of your favorite betta boys. I would like for their whole bodies/fins to be in the photo, long fins preferred. The more flare, the better. Let's try for medium sized images, because I want to be able to see the details on your betta, but I don't want the thread to become too heavy. Maximum of 3 fish per entry. Please include their names so I can sign the paintings with them.

This contest will have 2 winners, whose bettas will be featured in the paintings. I am planning to document the project from start to finish, so the winners will be provided with all the photos and images of the final result in high and low resolution (ready for sharing or printing). Depending on how popular this is, I may let everyone else see the pictures, too ;-)

I will judge based on which fish will work best in a composition.

Deadline is September 22nd!
Sorry that it's so soon but I don't want to keep the hospital waiting. :oops:

See less See more
#3 ·
Oh yay! That sounds like a fantastic idea and I think that will really give the room a much better feeling all around!

I'd like to present three of my boy's:

The first is not longed finned but he's still a beautiful boy. His name is Aero, a traditional PK turquoise male.

Second is my handsome Copper Double tail Partial HMEE boy; Mercury.

And of course I have to enter my favorite (shhh don't tell the others) boy in the entire world; Rembrandt who is a HM Mustard Gas boy.

And in the happenstance that any of my boy's win, I do have like ten million other photos that you can use if you need to reference colors and whatnot, I'm sure that goes for everyone here too though ^_^

#6 ·
Here is one of my boys who is not yet named. I have some better pictures when it comes to the nitpicky things, but this best shows off his colors.

And then I have Broseidon. Again, I have a ton of pictures of him XD This is my most detailed, though it doesn't get all of his fins.

And here we have Typhoon ^^ I can get plenty of beautiful pictures of him, I just don't have very many right now.

#15 ·
Ooh, someone who actually WANTS pictures of my boys! ;) Also, some of these pics are a bit dated, they really hate posing for me!

This is Pigg, my DT boy, and favourite (but don't tell the others!) :

This is Boreas, my halfmoon. RIP to my little guy :/

And finally, Atlas, my Delta!

#21 ·
A fellow Iowan! I think it's awesome you're doing that for the kids :) Here are a couple of great shots of 3 of my boys. If I end up winning I have tons more pictures of them to give to you for color references and what not :)

Pascal:

Darryl:

And the late, great, Gaston:

#22 ·
I know they aren't too impressive, but here are my three boys.

Augustus:

Isemery:

Taemin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.