Betta Fish Forum banner

Question about 50% water changes

325 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  LebronTheBetta 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. Just want to say thanks in advance, as a newbie I have had so many questions and everyone here has been so helpful and I'm very appreciative!

So, on Monday I will finally have my heater arrive. My question is, when doing 50% water changes, whats the best way to introduce the new clean water since the room temp is going to be a lot cooler than the heated water in the tank?

Do I slowly introduce the new water (if so, how long do I let it sit in before I add more?) Or do you just do the good old finger test and try to make the new water similar in temp to the water already in the tank?

#2 ·
Water is actually warmer than it feels. If the new water is a different temperature, (let's say difference is + or - 2F) then you slowly pour it in. No breaks, healthy fish can comprehend a little change of the temperature. Pour in as much water as you need. Just let the first round of new water sit for about 10 seconds or so, just enough time for you to prepare to put in the second round.

I do the finger test, and in my experience, it actually works pretty well. ^.^

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.