Betta Fish Forum banner
1M views 15K replies 837 participants last post by  ThatFishThough 
#1 ·
Alright, let's admit it, we are all guilty of fantasy shopping on Aquabid (and sometimes even splurging!) I thought I would start a thread for people to show off their dream betta's, unusual colors, and exciting purchases!

#7,134 ·
I think PayPal now has it where your account must be verified in order to send and receive money. Not completely sure on the receiving, but I know it must be verified to send out money. It verifies your paypal account by linking it with a bank account.

I tried to swap bank accounts and couldn't do so and it said my account wasn't verified. I was like "How the heck am I supposed to verify my account when I can't even add a bank account?!"

#7,138 ·
Has to have a bank account to be verified. I tried sending money when I couldn't add my bank account and it didn't work. They need a bank account as a back up in case of insufficient funds on the card.

#7,140 ·
It is a pain. I'm forced to share PayPal with my husband now that PayPal refuses to help me with my account. Their call services are automated. I can't ever get through to an actual PERSON. Even if you email them, they relay you the same information you would get from the automated calls -.-

#7,141 ·
#7,145 ·
sbrit: becausethey're from an America breeder which usually American breeders have to charge lower prices to compete with the ones from Thialand, especially if their stock can't compete looks-wise with the Thailand Betta's. But they also just have to cater to the needs around them and they charge what they will and what they think the fish is worth!

Reactions: FishyFishy89
#7,149 ·
Well my yellow replacement came in, and he's warmed up a little so I took some pictures. He's more of a brownish yellow, similar to mustard. But his form is great and will pair nicely with my koi female. The yellow female I got with him however has too long anal fin, even though I asked for one with a short one. I won't be purchasing any other betta from the seller, it was too much of a hassle and he didn't inform me of the other dying for over a week. But 3DBetta is giving me a great deal! And specially took over 20 pictures of males I may be interested in to ship with that grizzle DT female I won. In any case here's the yellow guy. I'm going to name him once he's comfortable and his personality shines a bit more.

Stock picture
View attachment 194625

Pretty accurate on color in these pictures...
View attachment 194601
View attachment 194609
View attachment 194617

#7,151 ·
He's so cute Lamb! And definitely better than an eye-searing betta lol I love that one under the leaf there!

#7,152 ·
Yeah, he's pretty. I was just hoping for more yellow than a medium of orange and yellow. But he's pretty and I'm happy overall with him. Disappointed in the female I was sent, but that's okay because I have the koi girl who has been ready to breed for a while now. :) Now to get him accustomed to being here and condition him. I can't wait to see if I get any koi which means good news for someone else I know too. Lol.

#7,156 ·
Hey guys! Quick question for you. I recently bought some new betta from Aquabid, and on one purchase decided to be brave and go with a Thai seller for the first time. They've been good with communication, but there is something that is making me worry about the transaction. When asked what transhipper I wanted to go with (I wanted Jenn in GA cause I've only ever heard good things about her) he started telling me that I can't use her, even though she's listed on the auction as an option, and instead became insistent that I can ONLY use Linda in CO. Again, I've never had to import or used any of the shippers before, so I can't say one way or another. But googling Linda I have found some not so great posts about experiences with her. Seller has no negative/neutral reviews. Wondering if I'm just being overly cautious since this is my first time importing or if this is a red flag and I should stick to my guns about the shipper I want to use

#7,170 ·
Yeah. That happened to me too. Banleanbetta or something like that. I think honestly they have a deal going. But that's only speculation. I wanted Jennifer but had to use Linda. She's not very customer friendly and no special requests and she charges 17 for priority for 1 and a half pounds (6 dollars is the real cost) on top of import and handling fees AND 5 for the box. I emailed Jennifer to see what her rates are but never heard back.

#7,159 ·
I've used Linda before and she was great! The fish arrived healthy and fine. My female was really stressed out though, but perked up after a few days. Her being stressed wasn't really Linda's fault, since Bettas react to shipping differently. She can be a little late responding to emails, but I think that's because she's super busy, considering the amount of fish receives. In all, I think Linda is reliable:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.