Betta Fish Forum banner

Axolotl surprise!! Eggs!

45K views 483 replies 54 participants last post by  Jupiter 
#1 ·
So I just moved, and had the axxies in a bowl overnight, because I was exhausted last night and didn't have the energy to set up their aquarium.... When I went to bed, they were fine, in fact I shot a cute picture of them:

Ruth and Toothless yin-yang! XD

now, when I woke up and went to check on them, I find this... O.O

I freaked!! Lmao!! I can't believe it! So of. Purse I put them in another bowl... And I am going to TRY to raise these little guys....

I don't know what I'm doing!! Yay! XD

Anyone know of a good place to get teeny live food things?

See less See more
#90 ·
Aww, darn! Sorry about that...

Lol yeah they might! You never know! It will be probably a couple months before they can go anyway, so just keep an eye on the status.

And I'll likely keep breeding, it not like I'm going to separate Toothless and Ruth now. Lol

#101 ·
Anne McCaffrey is, by far, my favorite writer of all time. Right behind her is Piers Anthony. I've read The Rowen series at least 3 times, and Acorna is such a wonderful character. She's just amazing at character details! Everything she writes is good! Ruth seems perfect for your little white dragon ;)

#102 ·
Yesterday I was at a pet shop and we some some Axolotls. My fiance said: "someday we should have one" I responded: "there is someone at the betta forum with little ones in the way! if you get a tank ready maybe we can get one." he hugged me and laughed at how much he enjoyed being with me and my crazy ideas.

#111 ·
Yay tiny life forms!

#113 ·
You are a great animal nurturer!

#114 ·
Eek!! Woke up this morning and all but two have hatched!! And they are either slow developers or seriously deformed because they don't look right... There have been two casualties already, so sad... :( but now I am desperate for live foods!! I still don't have any, because I wasn't expecting them to hatch for another week!!

I am hoping they can get enough creatures out of the moss ball and java moss to live off of while I desperately scramble to find daphnia...

#115 ·
Try adding dry oak leaves. A lot of people get infusoria cultures from those. A lot of people who have trouble getting live food to newly hatched fish use these with great success. A friend of mine whose farlowella spawned used these to feed the offspring and got a pretty high survival rate.
But SQUEEE!!! Baby axolotls!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.