Betta Fish Forum banner

is Aqueon Betta bow 2.5 ok for sam

1K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  Kenny G 
#1 ·
I have a female betta named Sam. We have her in a 2.5 gallon Aqueon betta bow 2.5. I am wondering if this tank is ok for her or if the filter is too strong.

#4 ·
Your betta will be fine in the Aqueon mini bow 2.5 gallon tank. I have both of my betta's in those tanks. If the filter proves to be to strong for your betta all you will have to do it remove the filter tube and insert a piece of filter fiber, filter foam, or filter sponge in it. This will slow down the flow.

#8 ·
@ jeremywadejunior yes you can buy those things at your local fish store. I personally put a piece of sponge in each of my filter tubes. It helped slows the water suction down and the water current doesn't bother my betta's at all now.

#10 ·
Although I am sure that will work from some filters that will not work for the filters that come with the Aqueon betta bow. For the betta bow filter you would need to fill the filter tube.

#15 ·
Sorry but very rarely would I consider a pet store employee an "expert". Of course there are a few exceptions (like forum members that work there)

#16 ·
+1 at teeneythebetta. That employee works in a pet store. How hard would it have been for then to ask advice from a co-worker who works in the fish department for a solution to filter current.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.