5K views 64 replies 20 participants last post by  rb500 
#1 ·
:BIGweepy:

thats just inhumane.

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow that is just sad.

#6 ·
That's horrible. Makes me so sad. How can they breathe? they have no room! And yes, I HATE those wall hanging tanks too. Ugh. This is just, wow. It breaks my heart to know people keep their bettas in stuff like this.

#7 ·
AHHH! Here's a few more that I found! Who designs these things? Does anyone here own any of them? :-(

Personally, Spongebob scares me half to death. This just tops the cake for me. Plus, how big is this thing, anyway??

Ahhh, here's another common one I've seen around:

I'm sure I'm not the only one seeing these on the market.

Ooh, what about this one:

"...not recommended as a permanent home for your Betta".... well, DUH! How do you even clean it out??

And this.... this doesn't even begin to make SENSE to me:

I mean, really, can they turn around in it? :-?

#28 ·
AHHH! Here's a few more that I found! Who designs these things? Does anyone here own any of them? :-(

Personally, Spongebob scares me half to death. This just tops the cake for me. Plus, how big is this thing, anyway??

Ahhh, here's another common one I've seen around:

I'm sure I'm not the only one seeing these on the market.

Ooh, what about this one:

"...not recommended as a permanent home for your Betta".... well, DUH! How do you even clean it out??

And this.... this doesn't even begin to make SENSE to me:

I mean, really, can they turn around in it? :-?
I own the last one for my betta William. of course he's the only one in it so I took the divider out and a plant so he has more room. He's very little, the pet store I bought him from orders them at a young age.
I do plan on upgrading this winter when he gets bigger.

#9 ·
I seen the split one recently in a store. I couldn't believe they had it. Those are all horrible though.

#12 ·
Whoo! I hope none of y'all are Aussies, 'cause this tank is down under my Bottom 10 of bad Betta tanks!!

This is not Photoshopped. This is a real product in Australia. "The 'iPond', which is reportedly sold in some Australia pet stores complete with a Siamese fighting fish, is a miniature fish tank which holds about 650 milliliters once rocks are placed at the bottom."

Rediculous!
:evil:
I can't believe this!

One more for y'all:

Man, this makes me want to go throttle an empty glass bowl.

#25 ·
the ipod one is the same thing i came across.. seriously wtf is wrong with people? the designer purse one? these are selfish people.

#13 ·
This is horrifying to me- but they have an office betta at my boyfriends work that no one really cares about or looks after- he's not even sure who feeds it- but it's still alive somehow- it's a long distance relationship- else I would go there and rescue it.

#15 ·
I'm actually guilty of buying a split tank, simply because it was all I could afford at the time.

I did, however, take the wall out and give the Betta the full tank until I could afford a much larger tank.

As for the Oh Betta tank, I think the oxygen is supplied by the real plant at the bottom, but it just looks cruel.. : /

#17 ·
I own this. As I've said: Useless unless conditioning a pair.

I LOVE Spongebob. If this was bigger I'd buy it.

#18 ·
MrVampire 181, I know using it for conditioning is fine, but people actually think they can permanently keep Bettas in that divided cup setup. I wasn't trying to upset anyone who actually owns that setup. I apologize.

Anyway, moving on.
This is kinda fun looking for all of these silly "tanks". More like cups, the half of 'em.

When seahorses attack! Or rather, "bring back the Little Mermaid and leave the Betta alone!"

And another??

Whew, that's pretty intense. I could see putting a FAKE fish in there... that'd be cool. but a living, breathing animal? No way!

By the way, I take back my 'mermaid' comment above. Lookit this:

Mermaid: "The last sacrifice and Poseidon will be pleased!! Muwahahaaaa!"

And now for the WTH??
That plant doesn't even look SAFE!! :-(

And now, the next one:

I bet this was originally an idea from a painting... it should've stayed a painting.

And... THIS WHOLE PAGE. http://www.squidoo.com/bettafishaquablock
Disturbing.

Okay, I know a few people here on the forum own this setup. But really.... is it big enough, you think?

Take a good look again.

That bottle is roughly the size of a Betta. Plus, where can you put the heater? Where is a plant for the Betta to sleep on?

AND THIS!!! This is a disgrace to both Bettas and HERSHEYS CHOCOLATE!!! :evil:

... I saw a similar one with Hannah Montana on it. I think I might have passed out at the sight of it. Thank goodness I can't find it again.

gjdfklagjlffff okay, enough of that for now. Sorry for flooding y'all with images, but people just need to see what us humans are doing. Just so we know and can tell others about it.

#19 ·
TianTian, it didn't upset me. Actually I don't even like using it. My LFS uses these some of these setups to keep their bettas in, it's better than cups. Really people, why make these? BTW LOL to the comments on the mermaid and seahorse setups TianTian!!!

#21 ·

You mean this?? I about puked when i saw it. I really do not like hannah montana, and the "Tank" is disgusting.
Wow: Two horrible things in one setup, I'm gonna puke!!!

#22 ·
#23 ·
"Betta fish in a bomb" - a MK-84 bomb model...

#53 ·
wtf is that?!? Why do they have a Trigger and Tang in there? Those are pictures of a Trigger and Tang I hope....

Still doesn't make sense. o_O And of course every fish naturally swims directly up and down in a tube.

#27 ·
Boycot boycot boycot boycot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.