Betta Fish Forum banner

He's finally here!!

2K views 28 replies 12 participants last post by  Fermin 
#1 ·
My King has finally arrived. I asked about adopting him almost a month ago and he's finally here!!

His name is Poe (after Edgar Allen Poe). I'm surprised at how outgoing he is, I hear all the time that kings are very shy and timid and he is definitely not. He just wants food and more food :-D I acclimated him and gave him 6 pellets (the small Attinson's ones not regular sized ones). He gobbled them up since he's been fasted for 3 days. I snapped just a few pictures. I'll give him a couple days to settle in and get colored up and then I'll get better pictures of him.

You can't tell in the pictures but he has blue eyes <3

See less See more
#6 ·
Bloo.. He's a male.. just a PK ;-)

He's very brave. Even when he was resting under his plant I tapped the tank and he came right out to ask for food. Right now he's just checking everything out.

VG.. How much do you feed yours? I gave him 6 pellets of the Attinson's Betta which are very small. I'm going to give him some blood worms for dinner tonight. I'm just not sure how many pellets he should get per meal.

#7 ·
Wow he is REALLY gorgous! Love his colors alot!!

#13 ·
I'm a little worried now. Someone said that they heard pellets were bad for giants. Right now I'm feeding frozen most of the week but once school starts back up there is no way I'll have time to feed 20 fish frozen food every morning (I'm more of a get up 5 minutes before class person LOL). I guess I could just thaw enough out to feed Poe but even that is time consuming. Oh well.. I guess I'll figure it out.

#18 ·
Flare Pics!

This guy is such a ham. :-D He had a huge bubblenest going yesterday. If breeding pet store fish wasn't against my ethics I would love to breed him, I even have a female that he would go good with. Ah well, I'll have some giants to breed eventually.

The Bubble nest (you can't see because of the way that top is set up but the bubbles go all the way up and onto the ceiling of the tank. Pretty impressive for just one night, especially having just been shipped and all.

Guarding the nest..

#21 ·
I think he's a great find :) I wish I could get better pictures, in real life his fins have this purplely sheen over them in the right light that is really pretty. Also in sunlight his eyes are blue.. for some reason the flash and normal light makes them brown.

I wonder if that chunk of his anal fin will ever grow back :? it looks almost like it was cut that way its so even.

#23 ·
He was a rescue that someone on another forum I'm on was adopting out. I'm not really sure where he came from, all she said is he's been through a lot. He doesn't have to worry about that anymore, from now on he's got his own planted tank and frozen food every day.

Eventually I'm going to upgrade him to a 10 gallon with some shrimp and a couple snails but I have to save up so I can get all the plants and stuff, it probably won't be for a while.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.