Betta Fish Forum banner

Does anyone's Betta eat pellets whole?

1K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  lelei 
#1 ·
None of mine eat them whole, I have to crush them, I don't like letting them soak since it removes nutrients...

Why do they make the pellets so big? I'm not going to buy small ones, the ones I bought were on SALE for $6!!

#7 ·
I got Tetramin granules... they are small!! From walmart, cheap, and most of my bettas can eat them. Although my baby betta THINKS he can, he can't :roll:

#9 ·
Lol yeah I contacted hikari asking for a sample. They sent me baby pellets. They are so small they are literally the size of a grain of sand!! :shock:

#13 ·
Mine are all able to eat the Hikari bio-gold pellets whole. Some of them jump to grab them!

#17 ·
Yeah I use the omega one super color tropical fish pellets. It brought out some white in my first betta's tail. But I haven't had my newest females long enough to see a difference in their color.

#18 ·
My Betta eats any food you give him. He's such a little Piggy. ;)
He eats Tetramin Micro Betta Pellets. Some are Big, some are Small, eats them all. He chews for 2 Seconds, and done. :)

#19 ·
Perseus loves his pellets and gets the Betta baby bites by Hikari Bio Gold they are very small and also the Life Spectrum Betta pellets are even smaller...I give one brand in the morning and one in the evening and that works great for him. He does have a tiny mouth but never has any trouble with getting these down.

#20 ·
My bettas eat the mini pellets whole. I have some freeze dried bloodworms too that they get on occasion. But, I tired to get them to eat the bigger ones, and they won't even try.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.