Betta Fish Forum banner

New Custom Tank

2K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  Fawnleaf 
#1 ·
So after several attempts to make my tank water proof it finally is!
The tank contains 3 albino cory catfish and 1 VT betta.

See less See more
#4 ·
Wow! Thats so awesome!! I love the border! It looks really nice on your tank!!

#5 ·
It's really pretty, but I have to say, Cories should be in at least 10 gallons, preferably with a wide bottom. That isn't enough surface area for them to forage, and the gravel looks rough.

#10 ·
Thanks for the complements on the tank.
Sweeda88 and turtle10 thanks for the tip about the cory's, I can't do much about the tank size, the bottom is 12x12. However I'll find some finner substrate.

#12 ·
Tank Tutorial

I'll get started on one and post it in about a day.

#17 ·
I love the wood trim look, and I like how the tank is taller instead of long! Very neat :) How many gallons is it? I'm not good enough at math to figure out the volume of a 12 by 12 rectangle :p

#18 ·
The tank is ~12x12x12, it holds somewhere around 7.5 gallons

#19 ·
Thanks, I couldn't tell the dimensions very well from the pictures. I really like it, it looks great! :) Oops, and with those dimensions the tank would be a cube, not a rectangle!

#20 ·
yah the pics were kinda misleading, but thats a camera phone for you.

#21 ·
I can't wait for the tutorial!!! Maybe I could make it a project for me and my dad! (He's really good with his hands). Is it hard??? Are the materials expensive??

#22 ·
well i'm working on the tutorial, in all the tank cost about $140.00.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.