Betta Fish Forum banner
1M views 15K replies 837 participants last post by  ThatFishThough 
#1 ·
Alright, let's admit it, we are all guilty of fantasy shopping on Aquabid (and sometimes even splurging!) I thought I would start a thread for people to show off their dream betta's, unusual colors, and exciting purchases!

#11,426 ·
Thanks guys! You all are the only people that understand the addiction!

Blu I will try to post pics of the tank tomorrow in the planted forum. I'm not completely happy with how it turned out so gonna move a few things tomorrow.

Minikin - good luck with your guy! I hope everyone's fish make it home safe!

#11,428 ·
God, I love all these Armageddon fish popping up now!! Absolutely gorgeous finds Feng! As always haha

#11,430 ·
Armageddon is when a fish has both yellow and red on them. At this point, it's still new so there's no specific pattern that I know of, just red and yellow on the fish which was previously thought to be impossible.

#11,462 ·
It is possible to have orange and red, or have a fish going through red-loss, which looks like a sort of washed out Armageddon, from what I understand. Right now most people seem to only classify it as Arma when it's a really vivid red and yellow together.

#11,434 ·
Sorry, I meant Wednesday by tomorrow. It is 4 am Tuesday morning here. (and honestly, I have been studying and doing schoolwork so late into the night recently that most days just blend together).

I'm using Linda. I asked her when my fish should arrive if I go with Express next day shipping and she says she will ship them out Tuesday and they should arrive Wednesday. They are being shipped to Missouri, so it is closer to Linda.

#11,435 ·
Oh, nice! Sorry, it's already Tuesday here too but I was thinking in terms of not having fallen asleep yet, so it can't already be tomorrow :p I'm pretty sure only one of my fish made this shipment since the one was sent to the wrong country... Hoping she can board him until the rest come or something

#11,436 ·
That is a real shame... I do hope it all works out for you and the fish you want eventually make their way to you safe and sound. I honestly do not know if my fish made it or not. Linda responded to my emails yesterday but, but that was before she got the shipment in. Guess all I can do is hope for the best.

All these beautiful fish listings turning up now almost makes me wish I had to wait longer for the shipment. One of my favourite breeders have not posted fish on Aquabid in ages and now they are again.

I love this boy's pattern.

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwbettashmp&1425616720

#11,453 ·
My Magnus looks a lot like him (except his tail is a mess from damage several months back... Like a messy rose/feather tail).

I don't have many females....but I would love to get her!

Omg waaaaant!

#11,440 ·
Okay so I got an unconditional offer for college and I want to treat myself to a new fishy (even though I just got Baron a few weeks ago) but I won't be buying from Aquabid - too expensive atm - not from a local pet shop since all they ever get are blue or red VTs. I plan on getting something from one of the groups on Facebook.

I just came across this pretty DT girl. I have four hours to make up my mind before she goes up for sale, it'll be first come first seve then. She's £7.50 (about 11 dollars) which is pretty cheap considering juveniles which are supposed to be females are 2.50 each and pet store VT boys are a fiver. I quite like her and I have the space for her but I don't know if I should...

Does she look healthy to you guys?

Edit: there's another DT for sale, same price as the other one. What to dooo omg.

#11,442 ·
My boyfriend says girl 2 is nicer too hah. I still have a couple of hours to make up mi mind and he's encouraging me to get the second girl but I like the first one too... I suppose I could get both since I have the space (I can divide my second 6gal) but I wanted a koi male and I wouldn't have the space for one if I got both haha.

Edit: my mum said girl 1 looks like a carp :roll:

#11,446 ·
You guys are a bad influence lol.

I'm not getting both, I think I'll settle for number two. I agree with BettaBoy that the first girl's form is a little off, she looks triangular to me and her top line is weird. It's not like it matters much since I'm not going to be breeding these (or anyone else for the record) but it would be nice to have a nicely built fish. The second girl has a small tear in her lower tail but it's nothing a few days of warm clean water can't fix :) 1hr 30 minutes left until they go up for sale!

Edit: do you guys think the second girl is likely to keep her colours or does she look like someone that could suddenly marble on me?

#11,454 ·
Okay guys so I missed out on both of those females :/ but... That's okay. Because I got myself a white VT. Now, you're probably thinking "it's just a VT who even gets excited about those?". But, VTs and PKs are my favourite tail types and I honestly fell in love with this boy as soon as I saw him. I'll ask the seller for a flare pic and one of his other side before I send payment.

#11,456 ·
Still debating if she's worth the fight or not... I rarely see any white ct females, and I know I can get cheap (male) ones from lil and her lfs. I really want her... I'm just not sure, on a curious note is that a black scale? And the red spot near her mouth... What is it?

Having a pure white ct spawn would be nice... I'm just debating whether or not I should get her!

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwbettasct&1425818686

#11,457 ·
;-)

Well, she's nice looking but you'll need an exceptional boy to balance out her faults; bad spread, small dorsal, wonky anal fin at the point. And yes, that's a black scale which means, she might be a marble. The red looks like color underneath and there's just no scaling there.

So in the end, I'm not sure, if you have a really good male then it would be worth it :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.