Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-01-2013, 03:05 AM   #11 
Flapmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenghuang View Post
Congratulations on your move. It must have been nervewracking to move so many fish along with everything else. I'm glad everyone made the trip safely and that King will get better soon.

My bettas are also going to be making a move in the upcoming months. We already had two boys transported twenty-three hour, thousand plus mile South to my girlfriend's house in a car safely, so we feel much better about Phoenix and Barti who won't be going nearly as far.
I'm sure your fish will be fine on the move. (: if you'd like? Feel free to ask me questions. I'll be happy to answer them
Flapmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:15 AM   #12 
Flapmon

Journal #9: It never ends.

After adding the stress zyme days before I finally check the levels in the tank, it seems ammonia has slightly lowered and nitrites have rocketed, there's no sign of nitrates yet -- but we're still in our early weeks of cycling. I plan to add a lot of fish food in tomorrow.

I was planning on adding goldfish to the cycle, but I felt it'd be too cruel. So we're giving the two that we bought to my girlfriends sister.

Update:
King's pop eye has completely healed, he's back to being the cheeky little bugger he always has been but now my worry lands on Cinderella- the gender/tail confused white thing that has now acquired a white spot on his/her side. I'm thinking it's a parasite- not completely sure though.

Old 06-08-2013, 01:56 AM   #13 
Flapmon

Journal #10

We had some troubles with the tank, it seemed that we were adding too much food and so it sunk to the bottom and turned ... Stringy, soggy. We spent most of the day getting rid of the large chunks as well as cleaning the rocks and adding stress zyme as well as testing the water with the master kit -- it seems nitrite has skyrocketed while ammonia has lowered and nitrate doesn't look fluro but it doesn't look orange either.

I took a few photos;

Another exciting thing?! We finally bought our perspex $300 worth of it. My god it's expensive, all we need to do now is to cut it down and drill holes into it. We've worked out a way to keep it all in the tank without using binders and suctions so lets hope it works. We also bought piping as hidey holes for them. I'm getting so excited that it's all going to happen! All we're waiting for is the silly filters... At least there is noticeable change and it's only week 3. I really don't want to start all over again. ;c

I guess that's it...

FOR NOW ....