Betta Fish Forum banner

Any plant good for fish tank?

651 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Cyphus 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I don't think any plants that are supposed to grown on dry land can survive for very long underwater. It seems that the roots and the rest of the plant would eventually rot even if it seemed ok for a little while. There are some really pretty live plants that are meant to be grown underwater such as an anubias or java fern. Both are easy to take care of, cheap, and relatively common enough that you should be able to find them pretty easily. I would just be worried about messing up my water and potentially hurting my fish with dry land plants.

#3 ·
I would have to agree with StreetLightDawn~ dry land plants wont do very well underwater! I would recommend Anubias or Java fern too, I'm sure they can be found at your local pet store!!!!!!!!

Be sure to buy plants only from an aquarium that looks like its well kept!!!!!!! You DON'T want to be introducing algae/bacteria from a dirty tank @ the pet store into your own tank!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.