Betta Fish Forum banner

Beverage Dispenser? XD

3K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Jupiter 
#1 ·
Just a thought :p

Here are two beverage dispensers, both 2.5 gallons, about 9.5"-10" diameter and about $25-$30...

You could use the spigot for water changes. XD

See less See more
#2 ·
OMG That is AWESOME!!! lol.. Knowing my family I'd have to leave a warning label on it "Do Not Drink Contains 1 Live Betta"

#4 ·
that is actually a really good idea! hahaha, it would help a lot with water changes :)

#9 ·
How so? It's 2.5g with almost a foot in diameter and has plenty of surface space and the hole for the spigot is no where near large enough for the betta to get stuck in, in any case some large gravel or mesh would fix that. I personally wouldn't do it, I like my ADA/custom tanks, but I thought it would be a neat idea for someone looking for an interesting alternative. :)

#10 ·
The ones in the second picture look like it would be hard to take the fish out, siphon up waste, put in a filter (if desired), scrub algae, rearrange decor, etc. just because the tops are so little. But the one in the top picture looks like it would make a fine betta tank. I wonder what the spout is like...I mean, is there some sort of mesh barrier that would prevent the betta from getting sucked through the spout? Or would you take the fish out to change the water in a "tank" like this?

#11 ·
I'd imagine that just becuase it has a spicket doesn't mean you have to use it for water changes. You could do water changes just like you would with a normal 2.5 gallon tank. I wouldn't personally use one of these but I can't see how it would harm the betta since it can be heated and etc...

#14 · (Edited)
I like it. :)
Yea, putting river rocks or larger pebbles as the substrate would work.
I saw a video once of someone using a huge water jug (clear with a blue-ish tint), as a goldfish home.
It would be awesome for a betta fish (It was five gallons I think), but not for a goldfish.

#15 ·
My aunt had one of these, a bit on the smallish side (a little over a gallon) that I'd wanted to use for a girl, but she refused. :p

Still, I like the idea a lot. It makes water changes really easy, you jsut need to remoe the betta first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.