Betta Fish Forum banner

Aqueon Evolve 4 Modifications

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  2LittleFishies 
#1 ·
I've heard the outflow of this tank is strong even though it is on the lowest settings. Are there any modifications I should use? I've seen cutting holes on the tube to relive pressure and taking nylon and wrapping it around the outflow tube. Suggestions appreciated.
Thanks!

#2 ·
I have mine at a very gentle rate. All I did was turn the pump all the way down, turn the outflow nozzle up and towards the tank wall, and shoved a piece of course sponge over the outflow nozzle. Try to find a black sponge. Mine is white, and it is not very pretty. Also provides another spot for beneficial bacteria to colonize.

I have a small crowntail in there, and he has no problem swimming in all sections of the tank.

#7 ·
I have put a small piece of black filter spongy material (Fluval) in the hose before the outtake to slow the flow and it works great. However after a day or 2 the flow goes from perfect to almost nothing. I'm thinking the the sponge is clogging the hose? Then I have to take it out with a tweezer every few days and rinse out in the dirty water... Maybe not a good fix : /

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.