Betta Fish Forum banner

Bettas of a different sort...

857 views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  chrissylee13 
#1 ·
Thought I'd post up some pictures of my Betta channiodes pair in their spawning colours. They are a very peaceful species and they have 20 odd fry living in there that was only recently released (the male holds the eggs in his mouth for around 2 weeks before releasing the fry).

Sorry for the watermarks. It's hard to get these guys to come out and let me photograph them.

The male

The female

See less See more
#2 ·
How unique to see wild betta! I've personally never heard/know of anyone who owned wild betta.
Very good looking fish you have there!

#8 ·
Some of my wilds are breeding machines so you definitely need a lot of room haha. Have one of my other species holding at the moment as well as 20 odd fry in a grow-out tub.

I got these guys from a woman interstate who tranships AB purchases as well as imports quality bettas for her own store.

Usually these guys are a lot more drab. I was only lucky enough to catch them flirting. They do make a spectacular show though.

#9 ·
Wow gorgeous wild bettas! One day I hope to have some too!

#14 ·
i find it so amazing how any species of betta is just so beautiful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.