Betta Fish Forum banner

Ack, what is wrong with my betta's fins NOW!?!

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  HopeInHeart 
#1 ·
So i posted the other day about my betta's tail, and we came down to it being tailbiting.

Well, within a few days he had stopped and his tail had started to look beautiful again.
Well, last night and today.. look what he has done to himself!

BEFORE:

(he had a small case of fin rot on his bottom fin, which was healing back at that time and was fully healed before this fiasco)

NOW:

All of his plants are silk, and the shipwreck decoration doesnt have any sharp edges or sticky-outy bits.
I'm lost for words D:
His bottom fin has split in half, and his tail has been chewed away!
I've put a fungus medication in there as that seemed to heal it from the last tailbiting, and to stop anything from happening.

I'm lost at what to do.. i don't want to lose him :(
He's eating as usual, and being energetic and curious as he usually has been.

See less See more
#2 ·
Maybe something to distract him. Any chance you could put a female next to him somehow? Put their tanks side-by side or divide the tank. He'll be so busy showing off he won't stop to tail bite

#6 ·
gosh, that looks like a fin rot recurrence to me. i've been dealing with it for ages over here to the point where my breeder thinks it's something with my water. how often are you changing the water? i've heard great things about betta spa (indiana almond leaf extract) for healing. i have some here and used it on my guys and it seemed to help with healing. try some of that?

#9 ·
If you want him distracted you could also put a mirror up to his tank for awhile and let him flare at himself. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.