Betta Fish Forum banner

Sorority Journal!

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  metalbetta 
#1 ·
Hokay so...

I flat out do NOT have the time to do daily water changes on their separate tanks anymore, so I said forget it, revamped the tank, and I'm going uncycled for the time being. No, I don't want to hear how much better a cycle is. I know how much better a cycle is. And if you know me well enough on here you know I'm a decent enough fish keeper to be able to handle this, though I know it sucks. but for my and for my fish's sake for the time being, this is how it has to be.

ANYWAY... Introduced the girls tonight... Fair amount of fighting... nipping, lip-locking, chasing, etc... But only two real injuries that I can see.

The standings are as follows:
#1 Jayde
#2 Daiquiri
#3 Mew
#4 Faye
#5 Nina (taken out due to injury)

Not sure whether or not I will re-introduce Nina or not... She and Jayde faced off for quite some time, but there was a point where Nina had stopped using her right pectoral fin. So... better safe than sorry, I took her out. The four others seem to be co-existing well for now, flaring at each other every so often but no more biting.

Mew (the tiniest) established her spot by waiting and hanging out by the heater til the others were worn out... then she started chasing Faye, who immediately clamped up and swam off. I take it clamping is a sign of submission? Anyway Mew seems to be the smartest of the bunch, using strategy to get her way. cute.

Pictures coming as soon as they chill. :)

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.