Betta Fish Forum banner

Another Sorority Journal!

2K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  monroe0704 
#1 ·
I am expecting my shipment of females tomorrow (or Wed)! I only ordered 3 breeder bettas though, so I needed to go grab a couple Petco ones for the perfect quantity. Below are some pics of where I'm at now :)

Here is my 14 gal setup. They have been on sale at Petco for cheaper than a 10 gal full setup! I don't know if they still are...

This is Petco betta #1... labeled a VT, but I think she's a CT; my iPhone didn't catch her rays very well. Her name is Pearl:

This little girl was hard to photograph... she's a VT that appeared purple in her cup, but reddish in the tank.. we'll see how her colors develop! She is still unnamed because of the color fiasco haha:

I wanted to see how these two behaved before sticking in the females arriving soon. Surprisingly they are extremely tolerant of each other!! They hang out near each other and there has been no nipping at all. I'm glad because I wanted to get some calm girls established in the tank first :)

Right now they are still exploring together! I'll update once the other girls arrive :D

See less See more
#4 ·
^^^ pecking is normal. they are sorting their own so called pecking order. you'll have that.

trust me its better :) when i wanted add a new girl i removed all girls in tank, changed around all the decor and waited a few days and let them in again all together incl. new fish. that worked for me.

#5 ·
Those 2 girls are so cute!! I love pearl!! I agree that it's best to add them all at once! When I get my new girls next week I plan on doing what Neelie mentioned, taking the girls already in the tank, out, moving some of the decor around and then adding them all back in together!

#6 ·
I got Dragonlady's girls in the mail today! :) They are settling in nicely:

Here they are exploring together! The Turquoise marble is named 美 Mei (May) which means beautiful. The blue marble is named 云 Yun (Yewn) which means cloud.

They are getting along well with the other girls :)

I love Yun's little masked face! :)))

I have one more female coming, but it's going to be in a couple of weeks, so I figured I'd get all the girls I have now in the tank and then reintroduce them all when Nefertari comes (She's Ramesses' gal haha).

#7 ·
Are the marble girls sisters? Expect them to be peaceful if they are.

#24 ·
Compared to pet store bettas yes. That's cuz you pay for quality fish and shipping. But when ordering a few fish from the same seller you only pay shipping once. Dragonlady's girls were the best price for great stock. I plan to breed all the girls (except ruby) so I didnt mind shelling out so much in the long run!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.