Betta Fish Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
4K views 45 replies 9 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
I Am Thinking Bout Breeding And I Was Wondering If When They Are All Grown Up, How Much Would They Sell For?? Also If Any One Is Interested You Can Adopt Them, No Charge! I Really Want To Keep Them All But I Probably Wouldn't Be Able To Raise 100 Frys!! Let Me Know

#2 ·
It depends on the quality of the fish, tail type, and who or where you want to sell them to.

#4 ·
Don't sell fish to Walmart they will be treated horribly. Since they are veil tails are so common and least desirable of all tail types you will probably end up giving most away. Chain pet stores like PetsmArt and petco won't take them because they get them from huge farms, if you got lucky and they want them the most they will likely pay is 6 cents a piece. And mom and pop stores might take them but again the most they will probably pay is a couple cents. If you had a different tail type in a good quality you could sell them for a little bit more, but 99% of breeders doing this don't do it for money, most never break even, we do it for the love of the fish, to better the species, and get show quality fish.

I suggest I'd you still want to do this to get a different tail type and look for a pair on aquabid or eBay, that way you will likely get a few from each spawn you could sell on those sites.

#6 ·
Didn't you just ask us what Walmart would pay?

#7 ·
lol
I think you need some knowledge first.Breeding bettas requires hardwork,time,space and money.
Besides you will even fail for the first few times(i know i did)
You could read up some info from the stickies and ask any questions about breeding bettas here if you want.
I agree with aemaki09,vt are not good for breeding.
I suggest you find some local breeders to sell you quality bettas like hms or hmpks.Those are what people want.

#10 ·
What is the females tank you said two in a 2.5 and you said the males in a .5 you should not breed you will most likely kill the fish. Focus on the fish you have righ nows.

#11 ·
+1 to choclate!

Sorry Swimmy, I dont mean to be offensive in any way, but I really think that you need to know more about the basic care of your betta's before you can raise 100+ fry!

And if you still think you are ready----
What size tank were you planning to breed in? what size is your grow out tank? Where would you seperate them out into when that needed done? What food were you planning to feed the fry? Are you going to cull?

#16 ·
You have said in a different post that you keep 2 females in a 2.5 and have had them together for over a year???

#15 ·
No you dont you need to learn Betta care first. Your care is terrible. Bettas can have up to 300 eggs. You need biggger tanks. You need live food. You need conditioning.

#17 ·
and choclate, did you mean you do need to learn care? or dont?

#18 ·
Everyone just STOP.

Swimmysmommy, since you have been researching for a few months now, can you please tell us what you know? I know that they're giving you a hard time but you need to persuade them.

Everyone, she just has a big curiosity in breeding. She knows the risks. She's been talking to me about breeding and she said she knows all about the jars, and how much money and fish there can be. Can you please stop bashing her about her care, please? Thank you.

#19 ·
OP needs to learn care there is no way they can get rid of all the fish. They probably do not even know what IAL is. I doudt they have live food.

#23 ·
I admit I am being a little harsh. But the OP says thell cull and what do they mean by that? They will need warm water which will be hard to provide to hundreds of jars. The OP sayss they will give to friends but that will tamk 100s of friends. Finding good homes will be tough.

#24 ·
Attention everyone!!! Listen up

I Know What Culling Is!! I Know The Risks, Possible Money Lost, All Of It!! I Dont Have Live Food!! I Dont Even Have A Female Yet!!! Who Ever Said I Had Posted I Had Females, If You Can Show It To Me, Great!! If Your Trying To Be Helpful Your Not Helping!!

#28 ·
I Know What Culling Is!! I Know The Risks, Possible Money Lost, All Of It!! I Dont Have Live Food!! I Dont Even Have A Female Yet!!! Who Ever Said I Had Posted I Had Females, If You Can Show It To Me, Great!! If Your Trying To Be Helpful Your Not Helping!!
Then tell us what it is.

#25 ·
Culling means euthanizing deformed fish. Friends can take more than 1. And yes, people sometimes have more than 1 friend.

Swimmysmommy, are you able to get a fish room? And culling is only for deformed fish or unwanted colors, if you kill fish that aren't like that and you want a smaller amount then I have to say, this isn't for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.