Betta Fish Forum banner

10 gallon found in the attic!

862 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  MollyJean 
#1 ·
its amazing what you forget you have! i found a ten gallon tank from over 8 years ago LOL...

also what i believe may be a 1 gallon hexagon...

sooooooooo anyone have recommendations on best way to clean them?

#3 ·
Rinse rinse rinse... also add some bleach or vinegar, then rinse rinse rinse some more. :) I JUST did that yesterday!! Got two free tanks! I think I know why they were getting rid of them.... lets just say, I almost gagged a few times. :oops:

:lol:

Good luck!! I LOVE finding things in attics and basements, I found an old aquarium hood that I had forgotten about!

#4 ·
how much vinager should i use?

#5 ·
odd thing is i still have the gravel in the tank too, its ancient... no plans on using it though!! throwing it out and buying new gravel!!

#6 ·
I personally prefer not to use bleach, because it can get absorbed by the silicone, especially in older tanks where the integrity of the silicone is in question.

Just pour a half cup of vinegar into 3 or 4 cups of water and get to work.

If not getting the job done, amp it up.

And get in a well ventilated area.

#9 ·
If it's a glass tank, Magic Erasers can be your best friend! But they scratch plastic really bad :( Saved a TON of time on a 3 gallon bowl I had kept plants in for the last few years.

Bob 4 bucks for a 10 gallon is awesome! Our local Good Will won't even let you plug things in to test them, they're real stuck up about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.