Betta Fish Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I got a new purple boy! He has some very cool pectoral fins :)

527 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  lilnaugrim 
#1 ·
I got a new purple male VT today!

When I went to Petsmart today I was thinking I'd walk out with a plakat... but I couldn't leave this guy behind.

When I picked up his cup to show my boyfriend it was because I loved his color. I haven't seen many lavender/purple bettas before. Upon further inspection I noticed his pectoral fins were very long.

His fins are a tad clamped, but I'm sure that will get better after he's in some warm clean water.

I've seen elephant ear bettas before, but never a Veiltail, and never shaped like this.

I haven't come up with a name yet, but I'm sure I will soon :)
Also this guy is HUGE! I alway thought my delta tail, Blueberry (in my avatar) was a healthy size but he looks tiny after seeing my new boy.

Does his color/pattern have a name? Is there a name for the trait causing the very long pectorals?

Here he is!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice find! I've never seen a betta with pectorals like those but I think they're awesome! He looks like he might have some marble or grizzle in him too!

have you thought of any names for him?

#3 ·
Not yet.. my boyfriend thinks I should name him "long fins". I know I can think of a better name than that!

I'm sure something will come to me!

What's grizzle? I've never heard of that trait before.

#7 ·
Grizzle is a form of marble which was accidentally created from messy Pastel colored Betta's. It's not a trait but a color form. Generally (not always), Grizzles are Marbles so they will change from time to time but I don't think your boy is grizzled at all, just a cute little Multi-color since he doesn't look Marble to me. And yes, VT's tend to have longer pectoral fins as well, more elongated than rounded like HM's or DeT's but his are quite long and colored ^_^ I love colored pectorals that aren't EE's because I think they're just so cute!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.