Betta Fish Forum banner

lets make a shopping list!!!!

1K views 20 replies 5 participants last post by  MSG 
#1 ·
lolz, i want to get a betta after my surgery, but i need a shopping list, ive discovered that i am horrible at taking care of fish, lolz, and i think it is beacause of what i buy for them. betta #1: seamonkey container, age 5. betta #2: one gallon tank no filter, age 10. betta #3: vase, killed by cat, age 11. betta # 4 ten gallon tank, filter, no lid on tank, killed by cat. age 12. betta # 5: same as # 4, unknown death.

so, now that i no longer have a cat, can you buys help me make a shopping list off of amazon!? i want the best things for him as possible, but i want them to be the cheapest best thing possible!!!
this is your guys' chance to help me and other betta lovers who go buy the wrong things!!!!!

such as:
something too small
something too small and expensive
etc.

thanx for any help!

#2 ·
#6 ·
Yes it's $10 + $5 shipping. The one I gave you a link to has free shipping on orders $25+. if I were you I would get all items that are marked with free super shipping. Otherwise you're going to pay an arm and a leg in shipping cost. If not you have to pay shipping for EACH item

#9 ·
Lol when you find an item you want, just click on the others available feature and select one with the free shipping :)

#17 ·
Could have got 40lbs of this B&W cichlid sand for $5, But I was too busy to jump on the deal when I came across it.

The next time I was in Petsmart, I took a look at the gravel section and found a 20lb bag of the same cichlid sand for $35.

$70 worth of gravel for $5

So pissed @ myself.

If you have a BigAl near you, then you could get it cheaper.

http://www.bigalspets.com/eco-compl...son+Shopping&gclid=CLiB-ND3qbECFUff4AoddW0AmA

When it comes to gravel, go to the store, look at EVERY bag. Figure out what size you want. Gravel that's small is easier to clean, and the fish may be able to get at any fallen food before it decays.

#19 ·
Could have got 40lbs of this B&W cichlid sand for $5, But I was too busy to jump on the deal when I came across it.

The next time I was in Petsmart, I took a look at the gravel section and found a 20lb bag of the same cichlid sand for $35.

$70 worth of gravel for $5

So pissed @ myself.

If you have a BigAl near you, then you could get it cheaper.

Eco-Complete Cichlid Sand - 20 lb

When it comes to gravel, go to the store, look at EVERY bag. Figure out what size you want. Gravel that's small is easier to clean, and the fish may be able to get at any fallen food before it decays.
It's probably best you didn't buy it actually. Cichlid sand is usually made from rock that will raise your ph.

To the OP- the best thing you can do to ensure your fish's survival is to understand the aquarium nitrogen cycle. Even if you don't plan to cycle the tank it is still immensely helpful to at least understand it so that you can do water changes as necessary to keep toxins below detectable levels. If you're looking at larger tanks however, cycling is definitely the way to go...it's pretty hard to do a 100% water change on a 10 gallon tank ;) Here's a great link about cycling:

http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/...inners-guide-freshwater-aquarium-cycle-38617/

As for the shopping list, I would also add some sort of cave/hideaway. Just make sure it's smooth ;-).

#20 ·
Also an extra thing... A floating betta log.. My girls & snails love this :)

Posted via Mobile Device

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.