Betta Fish Forum banner

Here's the fish I got from the local breeder, they are AWESOME!

2K views 29 replies 11 participants last post by  copperarabian 
#1 ·
This guy had some amazing fish, He has friends in Thailand so he only breeds fish who are imported from there and they are pretty stunning. I came home with 3 girls, 2 boys and a sad wallet LOL I told myself NOOOOO boys, but I really couldn't pass these boy up, even with the big price tag. But I figure it's all worth it since I'm planning on breeding them.

A few weeks before a guy wanted to buy a bunch of his male Bettas but didn't want to pay for shipping so he drove all the way from Texas to pick them up, and drive back! And he bought 200 fish! That must of been so much work for the guy to drive with all those fish! LOL

Copper Dragon

Platinum Dragon

Blue dragon gas

here's the boys
Platinum dragon... fire? no idea what to call his fin colors lol

I love this guy. He had went on a longish car ride and bit up his tail, I really hope he isn't a tail biter and it was just a stress thing.
Copper dragon
Natural light

With flash

And here's the guy I bought earlier this week from a aquarium store that the breeder displayed some Betta, he was like half the price and I can't figure out why lol he's so pretty.

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
I forgot to add that all the fish I bought are 5 months old, they're huge and he doesn't even feed his fry live food (He gives them infusio, hikari first bites, and one other thing that he gave me but it's downstairs) O.O

The females were $20 each, one male was $40, and the other was $30. the blue dragon was only $15

And thanks XD He said when I breed them to call him up and he can give me more tips.

I feel like I over paid, but he also gave me a ton of almond leaves and showed me his breeding set up, and also gave me some artisans betta fry food.

Silverfang *steals the blue girl!*
so preeeeeeeetty
XD Isn't she XD The breeder also had a pure blue dragon female, she was super pretty.

#8 ·
Yeah poor dude, I hope his fins grow back really nice :D

The Platinum male has a really weird tail fin shape, I think he may be a feather tail but he hasn't flared for me yet so I'm not sure.

I'll try to get better photo's of them sometime. And When I figure out where I'm going to put my females I'll take more photo's of them as well. When the guy told me they where 5 months olf I thought "oh perfect, I can put them with my NIB Betta Females" But when I came and saw them they were the biggest females I have ever seen.... so yeah, they would kill NIBs girl fish XD

#12 · (Edited)
iLovededYou
those are all SO beautiful!
i've never seen some of those colorings.
absolutely amazing!
and I hope your copper dragon's fins heal up nicely

I also got inspired and found names for these guys really quick :D

the first guy is Ikran because his eyes are big like a birds and the way he cocked his head and looked down at my camera reminded me of the things in Avatar who are kinda like birds XD

The copper fire is Alucard(From the anime Hellsing ultimate) Because of his black tipped red fins, and how feisty he is.

Here's better pics

The platinum dude who I think is a little but of a feather tail. It's really hard to get him to flare XD
Sorry for this pic being over exposed a little, I wanted the red on his fins to come out.

He flared completely only once and I only captured the end of it, but nice shot of his tail, is this a feather tail?

And here's Alucard who is a OHM, I really really hope he lets that gorgeous tail grow back in :D ... oh poor thing, his tail really looks bad when he flares.

#14 · (Edited)
She is really pretty, I just took more photos of the girls too since they've colored up. I decided to move my king Betta so all my girls could be in my 15g. I moved almost all my plants into it, and left a bunch of stuff on the surface so my smaller girls will always have an escape from the bigger girls, so far it's been really good. I think that since the bigger girls had been in a sorority that had only a few floating plants and lots of open space they are more mellow.

Here's the better photo's of them

#19 ·
They really do look good. I am not sure on tail type for Ikran... Kinda reminds me of a feather tail but it looks a little different- and doesn't look like a rose tail. But maybe it would just be called a feather tail? Not sure. Sorry. lol

#22 ·
CrowntailTwitchy57

*steals* this fish's colours r sweet!
XD Thanks!

Gorgeous new fish! I can't wait til you spawn them. Do you know who youre planning on pairing up?
I'm trying to spawn who I think will have the best fry so people will want them, I need to make sure the fry will have homes to go to. I'm either breeding Ikran or Alucard first because I think they will have the most interesting fry :)

#23 · (Edited)
Since I don't really know what thype of tail ikran is I'm probably going with Alucard first with the coppery girl. Not positive yet though

I also plan to breed the copper fire with my black fire girl when she is bigger. She's been darkening up more lately and looks really nice.
This is an older photo of her.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.