Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-07-2015, 09:55 PM   #1011 
Elsewhere

Achlys is doing great, her foot is starting to form and I'm excited! I've been giving her only pellets for about four days now to get her to eat them, and she eats them right away now, so I'll be going back to the bloodworm pellet combo now that she seems to know she won't be babied.

The breeder offered me another baby axie, and as you all know, I really don't want another baby, I just... I don't know, I don't want to replace him. But I was on an FB group, and this woman is trying to get rid of Axolotls and their tank. The conditions are, quite honestly, atrocious. The water is BROWN. Like, brown brown, can barely see the back of the tank. And all of the pictures she took, they were out of the water in her hand, which is just... no. I mean, if I need to move Crowley, I pick her up and hurriedly move her to the bucket RIGHT NEXT TO ME, after cleaning my hands before touching her, because the net isn't big enough and her gils are super fragile. I barely ever pick her up, but this person seems to be taking pictures of them out of water? I don't understand?

Getting off topic. I've asked how much she wants individually, because I can't stand to look at them in that tank. I know I can't take them all. I know. But others seem interested in one or two, so I want to take one away and put it in a nice healthy tank. Ranting, sorry, Axies have turned into my Bettas.
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 11:53 AM   #1012 
Elsewhere

I woke up today and noticed that Achlys seemed extremely stressed, gills right forwards, she wasn't moving as much as usual. And it was freaking hot, too. The temperature had risen right up this afternoon, so I moved her down to the basement. Now she's locked up in the laundry room where the cats can't get her and it'll be cool enough for her.

A woman is buying the Axolotls and their tank from FB, but she only wants two, so she's offered me the third. I'll be picking it up next weekend. Either wild or melanoid, I can't really tell, and apparently female, but I should be able to figure that out upon pick up. Hopefully everything goes well until next weekend.
Old 05-16-2015, 01:09 PM   #1013 
Elsewhere

The new Axie rescue is here! Definitely female, and I've named her Mischa, after Hannibal Lecter's little sister. She's missing a few toes, chunks of her tail. She's on the small side, but she seems bloated... I'm worried that she's swallowed rocks or gravel from her first home. Time will tell, but I'm really hoping she's just fat. And really hoping she isn't full of eggs. She's in a bucket right now, twice daily WC, and hopefully by next weekend she can be put in the 20g until she's big enough to join Crowley. She's a melanoid like Crowls, so hopefully I'll still be able to tell them apart. I'll post some pics of her (and Achlys updates) in a bit.