Betta Fish Forum banner

Aquarium-Proofing Household Items

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Sivan 
#1 ·
Hello hello.

I made a thread like this a while back but I made it too general and decided to narrow my ideas down a bit. I want to make a specific theme for my 5 gallon tank but the decorations for it do not exist. Specifically, I want to turn my natural-themed tank into a natural-themed tank with Pokemon lurking about instead of traditional statues. I thought this would be fun because despite being an adult in graduate school, I am still a child at heart and there are many Pokemon that look like various underwater creatures such as starfish, sharks, fish, eels, etc.

However, since no company makes Pokemon aquarium items, I have wondered about aquarium-proofing objects. I know that various paints used by toy companies can eventually leak into the water and harm the inhabitants but I was wondering if there is a special coating of some kind of aquarium-safe-protection available. I would love to add these objects into my tank but will not ricks harming my fish. I know there are water-proof toys of Pokemon but I do doubt that they are aquarium-safe.

Any ideas?

#5 ·
Thanks KoiMadien. I wanted to set in a bunch of starmie, maybe a squirtle, and Lapras IS one of my favorites... I just thought it would be fun to have animal-like Pokemon in a naturalist setting.

Is the seal clear?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.