Betta Fish Forum banner

Senseless violence

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  InfiniteGlory 
#1 ·
I have no idea what my betta has against snails besides they taste good. I found this in my tank today.....an empty shell

Not to mention that I had at least 10 snail egg sacs hatch in the past week and a half but I have yet to see any baby snails ANYWHERE :shock: I guess after snacking on 10 snails my betta has developed a taste for escargot :lol:

See less See more
#7 ·
Be careful with the betta eating snails ... yours seems to have figured out how to empty the shell, but a piece of broken shell in his stomach won't be a good thing for sure.

I wonder if he grabs the snail and shakes it like a puffer?

#11 ·
Be careful with the betta eating snails ... yours seems to have figured out how to empty the shell, but a piece of broken shell in his stomach won't be a good thing for sure.
That is the biggest thing I worry about. Since the snails are good cleaners I never get to see if my betta poops. He is always active and swimming and acting normally. That would be the only indication if something was wrong

#8 ·
My betta had a thing against grown snails. I bought a blue mystery snail for my tank and my betta ate all its feelers off and kept tormenting it.. I took the snail out and into it's own little home, but after that weekend it died. I probably only had it for about two or three weeks.

I will never forget the smell...

It's funny though, I went ahead and got cories later on, and my betta doesn't mind them at all... I was super prepared though, I got a divider just incase, but nothing bad has happened and I've had them for almost a month now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.