Betta Fish Forum banner

Furniture protection

7K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  koincidenskis 
#1 ·
Hmm.. Not sure if this is the right place to ask or not but here goes:

Do you use anything under your fish tank to protect your furniture? My new tank is placed on solid mahogany furniture and I'm a bit scared of it possibly scratching or discoloring my furniture. I can't see under the tank so I'm paranoid that it's accumulating condensation or something and turning my furniture white. On that note, does a tank even produce condensation?

I'm a newb to all this, so don't be too rough on me for asking stupid questions :lol:

#2 ·
That's a great question! It really depends on what the tank is made of. My plastic tank and glass bowl only produce condensation on the inside of the lid, but some tanks may do it. I would recommend going to the dollar store and grabbing a few laminate place mats and put a towel down first, then the mats, then the aquarium. depending on the size of the tank, you could really put anything under it just in case as long as it fits.

#7 ·
My breeding tank and 10 gal are both on the same table, so I use a plastic table cover under them. It looks a little tacky (since it's a thanksgiving design), but I really like how easy it is to clean.

#8 ·
This is not the most attractive suggestion but I have used drawer liner (the sticky kind) to create a barrier between a tank and furniture. It doesn't slide and keeps the bottom from touching. It may not be the best idea if you are worried about spills or leaks.

#9 ·
I have an extra wide scarf under each of my tanks. I hope it's enough because they don't fit on trays. My dresser is antique, so I really, really hope that they are not ruining it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.