Betta Fish Forum banner

Orange Dbtpk X Marble HM

10K views 84 replies 20 participants last post by  Tro2012 
#1 ·
To celebrate first free swimming fry I will now start my spawn log hopefully I wont jinx anything!

Father: Raj Orange dbtpk

Dam: Noname Marble Hm (Originally white but now has a red patch on fin so Im going to call her a marble.)

#54 ·
I bred them inside of a small container that had a hole in it already inside if the 35 gallon... So the water parameters and temp were the same. So I just dumped the fry on day 4 with no problems. I used the drip method placing one gallon in daily until the water was reaching the top. It ended up being a little before they were 2 weeks old when it was full...

#59 ·
So I may MAY have seen two dbt fry they definatly had a split in the middle of their tails but it could be from siblings biting or something as well. Not sure. I thought I also would mention that while these guys will not be ready for awhile I will be giving them away for free +shipping U.S.A only.

Oh also they are starting to show some color well if you call a grey a color anyway lol I tried to take pictures but it wont show. Also dorsals are looking awesome most of them are almost as long as their anal fin though I dont know how that will translate once they mature.

#62 ·
Those are early signs of irid coloring. Usually turquoise/green and steel blue looks light colored when young but royal blue looks dark since young. Cherry red also looks dark since young but I don't know how bright red would look. Other colors like cambodian, orange, white/platinum, will look light colored since young.

It seems you have a good number of irid colors. I'm guessing green/turquoise, whether dark or grizzled.

#60 ·
I know a lot of people change their water WAY more than is needed, this in turn puts fish in a never ending state of shock..if you have a good biologic filter
{Sponge type} for fry, a simple 75% every 2 weeks will suffice with frequent siphoning of course, but do what works for you I say.

#64 ·
So cute!

#65 ·
Ok guys I need your opinions I noticed a special needs fry that cant really swim it just kind of hops around at the bottom of the tank. Its normal sized and seems to eat just fine of the bottom of the tank. I occasionally suck up fry Im thinking that "hopper" may have been one I sucked up and he is was possibly damaged but no way to know for sure... any ideas on how I can help the poor guy out?

#66 ·
Monday I moved all the fry to my 29 gallon grow out tank everyone seems to be doing well. looks like about half of the fry are developing a peachy color to their fins that will most likely turn red orange. about one fourth are grayish like pictured above and the rest haven't developed color yet. got some cute pics of a baby hiding in the plant you can see the "peach" color on his fins. ps the fourth pic from the bottom is probably one of my favorite pictures every taken look at those adorable eyes!

#67 ·
So cute! They are looking great!

#73 ·
Sorry I havent updated in awhile! Will get pictures soon I have spotted a doubletail baby! He/she hasnt developed any color other then black along his anal fin and I also have a red baby that is showing black along his/her anal fin Im hoping that the black will develop into what the dad had. Also one orange baby! I really wanted to retain an orange so hopefully he/she will have good form.

#76 ·
Thank you! I wish they would develop faster but they all seem to be healthy and happy so thats all that matters. Looks like Speck the little red one is going to have to be jarred soon he/she is building nests and flirting with the others not showing to much aggression but Im sure it wont be long now

#77 ·
Just fed some of the bigger babies some mosquito larvae they loved them here is little Blues black tummy (yes I name all the fry after their colors cause Im creative like that lol) Blue has an oviposter I dont think you can really tell in these pics maybe a female? Im 90% sure Speck is a male just based on the fact he has a bubble nest going and is flirting with blue all the time and trying to chase her/him off from his area all the time.

#78 ·
This question is for those of you that cull! I need some advice Im thinking about culling a large amount of fry from this spawn. I would personally not cull based on color or finnage only with health problems. Im thinking and I could be wrong because Im a newby that the reason Im having problems with my fish might be malnutrition not because I havent been feeding them enough but because of the fact that I've only fed them microworms since they started free swimming. I recently purchased instant ocean nutrition instant baby brine shrimp and I have seen an improvement of growth in the fry and general activity. The problem is not all of the fry are improving and the ones that arent dont hardly even move. They always have full little bellies to so Im just confused I think Ill wait a week and see if there is improvement but what do you think I should do? Basic info on current care they are in a 29 gallon tank always have microworms in the tank for food I siphon the bottom of the tank twice a day and and probably about a 25% water change a day. Only other thing that I think might be doing it is my tap water its pretty gross I wont even drink it because it tastes so strongly of chemicals. I use prime though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.