Betta Fish Forum banner

i cant get any good pictures of them:(

840 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  bettalover2033 
#1 ·
ughhh its so hart to photograph any of my bettas. how should i take pictures? i take them usually with flash and sometimes on the window sill.

i want to enter the contest but when i do its always a blurry picture or its not good at all and my bettas have some star moments:)

#2 ·
I know how you feel @_@ My biggest problem is usually getting them to stay still in the first place. XD The photo in your display picture looks fine though. What setting did you use for that? Macro focus works well for picking up details. I personally try not to use flash since it distorts the colors. I'm no photographer though ^^ll Try playing around with your camera settings (focus, white balance etc.) Good luck!

#4 ·
yes you are completely right my fish wont stay still for me to take the pictures but i wish i can get them when they flare and stay. marki never stays when he flares he is the best one but he goes crazy and swims REALLY fast when i actually push the shutter button.:)

yea in my avatar that is one of the few pictures i have of Marki:) and just for future references ((Marki is not pronounced MAR-KEY its MAR-KIH)) does that help??

and the most photogenic on is Fibonacci the pinkish dalmatian :)..i guess i have to try no flash because its always reflecting back:).

will the window sill still work when its sunny and clear???? (when its sunny on the window sill i dont use flash of course:) )

#3 ·
What kind of camera do you have? Try to hold onto the lens to keep it steady, unless the lens is too small to hold onto.
And what's the light like in the room?
Dark light can slow down the shutter speed, and any movements can cause blurriness. Having the flash on will prevent this, but it usually reflects off the tanks in a really annoying way, sometimes it wont :) Flash really helps the quality though in most cases.
Also try to keep your arms still by resting your elbows on some kind of surface. Push down the picture taking button so it can focus on the subject, but dont push it enough for the shutter to actually go off. If youre using a professional camera with removable lenses then youll have to focus using the lens, you can do this manually or it will do it automatically. :)

Depending on the camera you have, settings can work great :) I usually use sport cause the fish move around alot, but if your fish stays still most of the time then macro or auto will do a good job.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.