Betta Fish Forum banner

My Betta Flares at me.

Tags
flaring
2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Mal72 
#1 ·
My Butters started flaring at me recently.. I've had him for 2 weeks, and he flares at me all the time when I get near him. I saw another thread on here (pretty old) that someone mentioned that he is just very active. He stops flaring and continues about his business when I go away.

Is this is normal? This is my first fish/betta and am trying to provide him with everything I can.

#2 ·
Seems to be based on the personality of the fish. I have three males that rarely flare, one that's excitable and will flare if you play with him, and one that is super flare boy and will pretty much flare if you look at him sideways. Yours might be on the excitable end of the spectrum :)

#6 ·
I was worried he just didn't like me haha.. In regards to my clothing, I usually wear dark colors...

Well he is always swimming around, except maybe when he stops to rest. And I never seen him use his hiding spot. But yea he is a pretty active Betta. So then the flaring just adds to his active personality I assume..

#15 ·
I have a fish named Flare because that is literally all he would do when I approached his tank! My boy Joker flares quite a bit too, but he is a bit more playful and goofy! I think it depends on the fish's individual personality and the colors (as others have said), but it has nothing to do with disliking you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.